KMA-26 operations for entertainment

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
This is the audio panel I have. I'm wanting to find out how to use the 2 entertainment sources the web says its capable of. Where is the plug? I hope it's not in the back and the panel needs to be removed???

I'm also having a tough time finding a manual. This particular item is not addressed in the POH supplement.

If the aircraft owner wanted you to use the input, he'd have had a 1/8" stereo receptacle installed on the panel when the KMA-26 was put in. I'm 99% certain that this is a hardwired (run three wires from a terminal block on the unit to a jack) install, NOT a plug-and-play thing. So look around the airplane for a jack (most likely labeled "music in" or "aux in") and if you don't find one, get yourself a headset with the capabilities, or the Muse adapter.

I am pretty sure the KMA26 is an OEM'd PS Engineering audiopanel with a BK faceplate.
Maybe an email to PS Engineering would yield some info.

What they said -- the jack must be installed in the panel and wired to the audio panel. If it wasn't done at installation, it can be done later, but it's gonna be a couple of hours of labor. Figure a couple of hundred at least the way avionics shops are.

Actually, I can do it under the supervision of our club's A&P. It can't be that hard.

Actually, I can do it under the supervision of our club's A&P. It can't be that hard.
It isn't, as long as you have the tools and expertise, and a certified person to supervise and approve the work. Only other thing you might need is the installation manual or at least the pin-out diagram for the KMA-26.

Back