KLN94 update problem

TBalch

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TBalch
I’m having a problem uploading the latest database update into my KLN 94. I get a “Update KLN94 AM USA Database (Not Responding)” error message from the Database Loader. I’m using the Keyspan adapter to connect my laptop to the GPS.

I contacted HoneyWell and they said the Keyspan isn’t recommended, even though it’s been working fine for the last 8-9 years, including several times since April when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Any insight or experience with a similar issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I’m having a problem uploading the latest database update into my KLN 94. I get a “Update KLN94 AM USA Database (Not Responding)” error message from the Database Loader. I’m using the Keyspan adapter to connect my laptop to the GPS.

I contacted HoneyWell and they said the Keyspan isn’t recommended, even though it’s been working fine for the last 8-9 years, including several times since April when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Any insight or experience with a similar issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I've been using a reader the programs the memory cards. The whole thing is hinky as can be. The cards are ancient memory storage devices from the 1990's. The program that uploads the databases into the cards only works on windows Vista, so I have to keep ancient computers around to do it. There's a really good thread on Mooneyspace about this.

Thanks, steingar. It turned out to be a faulty cable.

APR Aviation at KFAT repaired it while I waited. Great people there.

Thanks, steingar. It turned out to be a faulty cable.

APR Aviation at KFAT repaired it while I waited. Great people there.
Good to hear. One of these days I'll get enough cash to do the IR. Can only hope my ancient computers are still working for the upgrade.

I use VMware fusion loaded with Windows 98 on an iMac. Just mentioning this as a possibility. As long as you have a windows 98 CD or something from around that generation, you can run it through emulation.

I use VMware fusion loaded with Windows 98 on an iMac. Just mentioning this as a possibility. As long as you have a windows 98 CD or something from around that generation, you can run it through emulation.
No, you can run it through emulation. My Google-fu isn't as strong as yours. That said I have an ancient computer and a backup, so hopefully it'll work.

No, you can run it through emulation.

That’s exactly what I was trying to say. You *can* run it through emulation. The reason for the Windows CD is to install the operating system within VMWare Fusion.

Emulation works fantastic. I use VirtualBox. I knew I kept all those old OS's for a reason.

When I had a KLN94, I did it via VMware. It worked about as well as such a janky setup could be expected to, but it did work.

Back