KLN94 IFR Installation

John Collins

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
John
I am helping someone obtain IFR certification for an existing KLN94 installation. I have all the installation manuals and AFMS sample data. He has updated the AFMS to match his installation. What I am looking for is other examples of approved installations, including two items: The 337 for the IFR approval and a copy of the modified AFMS. His installation includes the following equipment: KLN94 interfaced to KFC225 with a Sandel SN3500 used to replace the KI525. However, any combination of KLN94 IFR installation to any autopilot and HSI would be helpful.

I am not looking for advice such as why don't you just install a GNS430W. The KLN94 is already installed and meets the requirements of AC20-138A for IFR installation. I just need data that I can use with the FAA to demonstrate that this has been done before. If you can help, please PM me and I will provide my email address to send me copies of the requested documents.

Tim,

The airplane in question is a TB20, but the 337 and AFMS of any piston aircraft will do.
I had one several years ago in my B55 and probably still have the original 337. I might even be able to find the old AFMS. I'll take a look and let you know. BTW is this for Peter in England?

Here's a copy of an AFMS for a KLN89B installed in a mooney with autopilot lingo in it. Not sure if this helps at all, but it's all I got. I have a recent 337 for an 89B install in a cherokee but it wasn't wired to an autopilot.

Attachments

• KLN89B Flightmanualsupp.pdf
    446.4 KB · Views: 10
Back