KLN-89 For Sale

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
Selling a used KLN-89. Includes mounting rack, antenna, coax, manual, and quick reference.

The unit functions perfectly, the only known issue is that some of the LED's in the bottom right corner flicker from time to time. This in no way prevents this unit from being used to navigate. I've flown behind this GPS many times, and it works just great.

I'm asking $500, including shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

IMG_0334_zps6577029f.jpg

IMG_0335_zpse1df3fce.jpg

IMG_0337_zpsd5c0863a.jpg

IMG_0336_zps31e05e50.jpg

IMG_0338_zps0585ec3f.jpg

Price reduced to $400

I recently took my KLN-89B in to have the battery replaced or so I thought but the new battery didn't make it work either. The shop had an 89B on the shelf they had pulled out during an upgrade and so we traded for $350 difference.
So with what your including, your $400 price seems right.
The KLN-89B has a $500. trade in value toward the KSN 770 upgrade.
Bennett Avionics has an KLN-89 for sale for $1295.

The 89B can be ifr certified for enroute and non precision GPS approaches. You would need a CDI like a KI-203 and an Annunciation indicator to go with it.

The 89B can be ifr certified for enroute and non precision GPS approaches. You would need a CDI like a KI-203 and an Annunciation indicator to go with it.

But as the OP noted, this is NOT a 89B, just an 89, which is VFR only and cannot be upgraded. I imagine this unit might be useful to someone who has an inop KLN 89 installed and would like to swap it out rather than leaving a hole in the panel.

But as the OP noted, this is NOT a 89B, just an 89, which is VFR only and cannot be upgraded. I imagine this unit might be useful to someone who has an inop KLN 89 installed and would like to swap it out rather than leaving a hole in the panel.

Correct, or any other similar sized GPS.

I might be interested in your kln-89. How bad is the flicker ?

Not bad at all, it was perfectly usable. The only reason we replaced it in the airplane was because we got a wicked good deal on a KLN-90B, and we wanted a IFR GPS. If I had to guess, there were maybe ten pixels flickering.

Back