KJZI Charleston Exec Questions

MickYoumans

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MickYoumans
1) Do they have courtesy cars at KJZI?
2) Are there any good seafood restaurants nearby you would recommend?
3) Do they have any landing/parking fees? If so, do you know how much?

I like Bowens Island Restaurant. Awesome no-frills fish camp.

I can’t help you with the rest; I typically use CHS.

Looks like only one FBO, and it's Atlantic. Their truck prices are eyewatering, but their self serve is decent. Atlantic are usually worse about fees than Signature, with higher mins and some they won't waive. No idea if they'll count self serve toward mins. Can pretty much guarantee they have crew cars though.

Looks like only one FBO, and it's Atlantic. Their truck prices are eyewatering, but their self serve is decent. Atlantic are usually worse about fees than Signature, with higher mins and some they won't waive. No idea if they'll count self serve toward mins. Can pretty much guarantee they have crew cars though.
I was there about six months ago. The experience was barely average. They really didn’t care about my little bug smasher. They moved it to the far end of their ramp without even telling me. I came back to get it it was gone. I ended up walking several hundred yards with luggage. I don’t know about a crew car because we took a very expensive taxi into town. Given the option again I would go to Mount Pleasant. Where I’ve had much better experiences. Regular people.

I was there about six months ago. The experience was barely average. They really didn’t care about my little bug smasher. They moved it to the far end of their ramp without even telling me. I came back to get it it was gone. I ended up walking several hundred yards with luggage. I don’t know about a crew car because we took a very expensive taxi into town. Given the option again I would go to Mount Pleasant. Where I’ve had much better experiences. Regular people.
Glad to know about the Mt Pleasant option. Wound up going to Georgetown KGGE instead of Charleston. I’ll have to check out Mt. Pleasant some day. I called Atlantic to see about courtesy car availability and the lady said it was a 15 to 20 minute drive to get to the good restaurants. The weather was not looking great a KJZI so I opted for KGGE instead. So glad I went to KGGE. It was a good trip.

Flew there in march. Great people at the FBO... It's impossible to find a taxi to town so they called a private driver who was kind enough to come pick us up.

Been there pre pandemic and was treating very nice even w/o purchasing any fuel. Courtesy car is typically given for two hours, but I was able to sweet talk the lady at the counter and was given it for a dinner run downtown Charleston. I really think it was because it was early evening and they weren't expecting anymore traffic.. :D I gladly filled the vehicle up for them..

Nevertheless a 20min drive to downtown with plenty of dining options.

I would call them ahead of time and let them know what you want to do, you might be pleasantly surprised with the result.

Back