Kitty deleted my Inbox!!! Ackkkkkk!!!!!

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Help! :eek: I went outside for a minute and came back into my room and found my new cute little baby kitty sitting on my keyboard. He was sitting on the numbers section of the keyboard. Now, everything that was in my Firefox Inbox is gone!! All of the folders are still intact with those emails, so they weren't deleted. The deleted emails weren't in the trash folder. :dunno: Where did the Inbox emails go???? :dunno: How can I get them back? Some of them were rather important to me. I tried Undo Delete Message and only one came back. Please help. Thanks!

AND your deleted messages should have gone to the Trash folder. You can just drag them back.

as for kitty: Marinate in Mumbo sauce, Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

Last edited:
Hopefully the kitty wasn't holding the shift button at the same time...that would bypass the trash....eek.

It's kitty's way of saying, "get off that computer and play with me, dammit!"

For this reason, I've disabled the keyboard on the laptop I use most often. He'll lay on the warm laptop but not the external keyboard.

Oh... and deep fried is better. Just make sure you get it skinned well first. That's more healthy eating. :D

Hehe, my Siamese is the same way, whenever she jumps up on my lap, I always close out whatever I was working on (after saving), open up Notebook and just let her go to town.

Diana,

Checking I see that space for messages is never reused until you compact the folder and you didn't do that! Lemme see if there is is an "undelete" utility. Also I can't see how to NOT make the deleted messages go to the Trash. Maybe they were just moved. Try searching for one of the missing messages.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders

Thanks Mike. I'm still working on doing that. I hadn't compacted the folders for awhile, and I didn't realize what it meant till I read the other link you posted.

How do you copy the mailbox?

Find your profile folder. Copy it to another place.

What ever you do, DO NOT, NOT, NOT do a compact! That will really loose the messages.

Compacting doesn't save that much space anyway. Your whole mailbox isn't that big unless you tons of attachments.

It could be worse:redface: you do not win a prize for worst kitty.
Good point Joe! I think you deserve the prize for that! Although, did I tell you about the time I was attacked by a feral cat in my greenhouse? Had to get shots for that (not rabies, though). Also had to get stitches from opening a cat food can the wrong way. Still, you get the Grand Prize.

What'd your kitty do Joe?
On Christmas morning I broke up a fight between 2 of them in my bedroom (stupid). One came around and bit me good. I went into the hospital tuesday for 8 days on IV antibiotics because of the infection.

Yes he's still breathing.

Joe

On Christmas morning I broke up a fight between 2 of them in my bedroom (stupid). One came around and bit me good. I went into the hospital tuesday for 8 days on IV antibiotics because of the infection.

Yes he's still breathing.

Damn! That is a bad kitty!

I've found a two-inch fire hose with a full nozzle works pretty well. :)

LOL, that would work, but she's one of those water loving cats. Amelia (my Siamese name) is a strange cat indeed. lol

Cats dislike the harmonica? I'll have to try that as a cat discipline tool. They definitely dislike the hiss of the compressed air I use to clean their hair out of the keyboard...

Back