Kissimmee or Orlando exec

simtech

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Simtech
Monday or Tuesday I'll be flying to Orlando and staying till the weekend. I hope to also make a day to fly out to space coast and down to marathon. We will be staying next to Disney. Is one airport better than the other as far as easy in and easy out or the same? Never been down there before.

Haven’t been to Orlando exec, but Kissimmee was pretty nice when I went there to pick up some relatives.

You definitionally want Kissimmee over Orlando. You will also avoid the heavy ramp fees at KORL. Depending on where you are staying, you might consider Winter Haven (KGIF). KGIF has rental cars on the field and much cheaper fuel. KGIF Is $4.55ss, $5.15fs vs $6.21fs at KISM. KGIF will also keep you out of the Bravo and the ADSB-out/Mode-C veils if that is of interest to you.
Tony Thigpen

Kissimmee is better for staying near disney and for flying south. Orlando exec is much, much further away and also north of MCO. I would only consider ORL if I was staying near Universal and even then it's a coin flip. Getting down Colonial can be a real bear.

Thanks! I've called Kissimmee and actually winter haven. I'm not concerned with ads-d or the bravo but winter haven only going to cost 5 bucks a night and $5 a gallon for FS. So I may go there and have to drive an extra 20 mins. Will see...but Kissimmee is a strong second! Keep it coming!

My better half recommends Odyssey at Kissimmee. In fact, she and her co-pilot are headed there in the morning in the R182....Recurrent for her work airplane @ FSI. Even had hangars available as of a couple days ago. Worked out great last year.

Jim

Go to Kissimmee if you want to be a little bit closer. Both are good airports. Winter Haven has a good restaurant, and very nice airport. I personally would choose Winter Haven. The controllers working at Kissimmee have always been really cool.

I’ve been to Kissimmee a fair few times, last time there were 3-4 FBO’s. One is kind of an outlier, I can’t remember the name, not plush, but bathrooms worked and fuel was cheap!

Back