Kissimmee (KISM) - Signature or Odyssey?

ksp_530

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
KSP
I have searched the forums for recent posts before posting. Planning on taking the kiddos to the mouse place. I am looking for more recent experience with either of the FBOs or a suggestion for a different airport altogether.
Thanks in advance!

The answer is NEVER Signature.

Kissimmee Jet Center is gone? :( I've been there a few times and always went to KJC. Yeah, it wasn't shiny and spiffy like Signature/Odyssey/TacAir/etc, but they did a good job.

I use Signature at times, typically as there isn't a better (i.e. closer) choice. Fortunately most of those times are for Angel Flight missions, so no fees.

Kissimmee Jet Center is gone? :(

The Kissimmee Jet Center location was reassigned to Sheltair. I don't know why KJC closed, but the reassignment to Sheltair was announced in early 2020.

ABS...Anyone but Signature....

The Kissimmee Jet Center location was reassigned to Sheltair. I don't know why KJC closed, but the reassignment to Sheltair was announced in early 2020.

ABS...Anyone but Signature....

That sucks, KJC was nice to deal with.

Odyssey. I'm there frequently in the work airplane. Nice people. No idea on 100LL prices though.

So what did they do with the Sheltair location? Is it still full of old American Eagle Skyvan hulks?

Thank you all for your inputs. It is going to be Odessey then. I plan on being on an IFR flight plan coming in from the north. If the weather is VFR, is it a good idea to cancel IFR and go VFR into the area? Any strategies to minimize re-routing?

Thank you all for your inputs. It is going to be Odessey then. I plan on being on an IFR flight plan coming in from the north. If the weather is VFR, is it a good idea to cancel IFR and go VFR into the area? Any strategies to minimize re-routing?

I'd stay IFR, then you don't have to worry about the Disney TFR.

I used a place called 'Ranger' which I believe is now Odissey. Very helpful and friendly staff. No real tiedowns IIRC, just a cable you could clip to.

'Kissimee Jet Center' is very prestigious name for a double-wide at the far end of the airport ;-)

Thanks all..for anyone interested, here is what I received from Odyssey on the fee as of 9/10/2021:
Landing/Facility fee: $34
Minimum Fuel Uplift: 17 gallons (waives L/F fee and the 1st Night of Ramp)
Ramp fee per/night: $22
Current fuel price: $6.04 per gallon

Of course, the above information is subject to change. I have contacted Signature almost 4 days ago, yet to hear from them. When I do, I will update the information.

I used signature this summer when I went to see the mouse. I always used KJC every other time. Can’t say enough good things about the experience. Ramp fee waved with fuel. $25 a night to park. I was discounted .50 a gallon on 100LL. Enterprise was connected to Signature if you need a rental. Probably cost $30 more for a week than KJC but unloading under their canopy was worth that on a hot day. Small piper Archer for reference.

I’d stay IFR as I’ve never had a delay and don’t have to worry about the TFR. If coming from the north, the last fixes to file that work for me is OCF-CERMO—KISM.

Back