King KSN 770 - any feedback/thoughts? iPad?

codeeno

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
codeeno
PoA folks,

I a few questions for the masses -
1) Does anyone have any first hand experience with the KSN-770 - if so, would you be willing to share feedback with me?

2) Does anyone know if King is thinking/planning on having any interface available between their box and an iPad?

Thanks for any info on the questions you may have

Dean

It seems like an ok box with the little I played with it on the honeywell 182 demo plane. I ended up with a 750 fwiw, I believe bk wants to have their own proprietary ipad software eventually. For more info if you are really interested pm me.

My albeit limited experience. In May I have some avionics work done and I saw a great deal on a KSN unit. Since I was already in for some work I called my avionics guy and asked his thoughts before I pulled the trigger. He said he has previously installed one, it was a total pain, BK tech support was awful, and he would not install it for me due to the headaches and problems. He had nothing good to say about it and said I would not be happy with it either. That did it for me. I totally trust the expertise of my installer and believe what he says. He installs Aspen, Avidyne, Garmin, and a few other brands and his work for me has always been top notch. Additionally, I have not found another pilot who has one, and that too sends a message.

I admit - good looking unit and intuitive user interface, thank you Aspen Avionics who did this work for them.

Good luck with your decision.

I had one on my 2004 182T which was an upgrade with AP TRSP ADS-B out, I really enjoyed it, coupled with kap140 worked beautiful, except I did not have a GPSS, so it was a little imprecise at time on wide approach, but flew like an Arrow, I enjoyed the hybrid and all functionnality, don't know why most people are so negative
of course if you make more commission installing dozen of garmin, its difficult to learn a new product
I think they came in too late on the market, dominated by Garmin, that s the real problem, with the trade in program, it was much cheaper than Garmin

Last edited:
Back