King KI-211, is anyone still inspecting and fixing them?

MarkH

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MarkH
My CDI has failed, and I have a line on a KI-211 that would allow me to add a glideslope to my plane. It was working when removed, but I want to get it inspected and yellow tagged for the install.

The trouble is I cannot find a shop that can inspect it.

Does anyone know of a shop (ideally in the Southwest) that can inspect and yellow tag a KI-211?

you do know that the 211 only has a 20 channel G/S receiver in it and not the standard 40 channel. so you not get a G/S on all ILS freqs.

Will a KI214 work in it's place?

Yes, a KI-214 will work. In fact, I misidentified the unit I am considering. It is a KI-214.

So, does anyone know who is still inspecting and yellow tagging KI-214s?

the answer is yes and no. the 214 is a 40 channel G/S receiver, so you get the entire G/S range. however, it does not have the same connector as the 211 so if the radios are wired for the 211 the 214 will need to be rewired. if its a new install then it makes no difference. the caution is that both those units are very old designs. the best combination of older equipment is the KN-75 receiver and a ki-209, but that setup will cost more to buy and install.

I believe I have a 211 I was going to list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've sent King radios, HSI gyros, and A/P servos to these guys over the years. Good prices and expert service/repairs. They're in New Century, KS, we just FEDXd the stuff back and forth.

https://www.butleravionics.com/

The folks at midcontenent will likely be able to set out. At some point digital will be cheaper to upgrade and maintain.

Back