King Instrument CDs, flight bag, airplane cover, etc.

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
Hi all,

I have a few items in excellent condition that I'm parting with:

1. King Schools instrument rating CD course, including 16 instructional disks plus setup CD and manual. I bought this for $185 from a PoA'er several years ago when I was hoping to get my IR. That didn't materialize, so this kit is in perfect condition, viewed only once and not by me.

2. Heavy duty canvas Bruce's Custom Cover that fits a Cherokee 140. Used for less than 2 years, in great condition. Originally $350. Also red vinyl cowl plugs, originally $70.

3. Brand new FlightLine flight bag, large 22" x 11" with two pockets on the ends for headsets. Never used. All kinds of cushioned pockets for gizmos. Originally $59.95. Just like this one: http://www.pilotshopusa.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1044

4. Set of 16 King VHS tapes on VFR flying, communications, airspace, and a host of other topics. Email me for titles. I bought these off eBay for $65 back in the days when we watched videotapes. They're still in very good condition and informative, so if you have a VCR you'll find these useful.

5. Various books, tapes, and CDs about other stuff of interest to pilots and a/c owners. Also MS Flight Sim 2004 edition.

Please PM or email me if you are interested in anything. I'm not setting prices, so shoot me your offer and we'll see what we can do. I would just like to see other pilots get some use out of these items rather than letting them take up space any longer in my apartment. If you are on Long Island, you may certainly save on shipping by picking them up from me (Suffolk County), or we can meet up somewhere; otherwise please figure shipping in with your offer.

Many thanks.

Best,
Toby

Last edited:
Good to see you back here, Toby...

I hope you're not giving up flying...

Another Hi Toby!

Good to hear from you, it has been too long. Hope all is well! The Cherokee cover is tempting, but I don't remember your layout for the antenna, OAT, etc. Modification is not real easy without the proper tools (which I don't have).

Gary

Toby,

Well hello Stranger! Long time no see or chat! Hope your still flying and all
is well.

Andy E (CT)

Another Hi Toby!

Good to hear from you, it has been too long. Hope all is well! The Cherokee cover is tempting, but I don't remember your layout for the antenna, OAT, etc. Modification is not real easy without the proper tools (which I don't have).

Gary

But we know who does:rolleyes:

Hey Toby. I told by cousin Brian Masino, another children's author, I knew you and he was impressed! Good luck!

Another Hi Toby!

Gary

Hi Gary,

You're right...I actually still have my complete worksheet from when I ordered this cover, with the exact measurements for placement of the OAT and various antennae. Would you like me to fax it to you?

Just today I was showing a young visitor to my office the photo of me fueling up the 172, and your daughter standing nearby. Remember that day? I thought the fuel would stop flowing automatically when the tank was full. Ha!

Toby

Good to see you back here, Toby...

I hope you're not giving up flying...

Hi Bill, good to hear from you. I fly sometimes with my friend Michael in his Sport Cub, which is based in Andover, NJ. We usually fly around NJ and PA. That's about it these days. My thought is that when I do go back to regular flying, it will be in an LSA. I try to keep up by reading, going to seminars, and am getting my medical next week. Don't want to give it up ever.

Toby,

Well hello Stranger! Long time no see or chat! Hope your still flying and all
is well.

Andy E (CT)

Hi Andy, still here, not flying much, but all is well. HWV hasn't reopened its restaurant yet, or I'd say bring your group down here for another lunch!

Hey Toby. I told by cousin Brian Masino, another children's author, I knew you and he was impressed! Good luck!

Hi Anthony :) Good to hear from you. I don't know Brian but I just looked him up and see he's written four or five books. Great!

Fact is, Toby, just seeing your name makes a lot of us smile.

So, whether you're flying or not, drop on in- we love you here.

Note - the King CDs are for the knowledge (written) test, not the practical.

Toby, Susan (my spouse) just took a "kiddie Lit" course for teacher certification.....and Two Cool Cows showed up in it... ! :)

Toby, Susan (my spouse) just took a "kiddie Lit" course for teacher certification.....and Two Cool Cows showed up in it... ! :)

Very nice, thanks for letting me know, Bruce. Out of print, but the book lives on! :)

Back