King Air down at Hayward, Ca

colomtnflyer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
iAM in AK!
Fox News has just shown footage of a King Air down and on fire at Hayward, Ca. (The aircraft door was open, and smoke was coming out all windows)

According to witnesses, the aircraft had just departed Hayward and was returning. Upon landing the aircraft veered off the runway and ended up on some RR tacks. The ensuing fire caught into the grass nearby and scorched what appeared to be a strip about 100-150 yds long.

No report on injuries at this time.

Will update as news comes in.

If the airstair door was open It sounds as though all got out :fcross:. If so I'd say sucessful conclusion Skin, Tin , Ticket

Glad to hear he was OK. Still it was all over the news like WWIII.

Man, an in-flight fire in an airplane? Scariest thing I can imagine. At least at sea, you MIGHT jump overboard (and likely die later).

Good job getting it down and getting out alive, assuming it was on fire before the approach and landing.

Could have been environmental.

Man, an in-flight fire in an airplane? Scariest thing I can imagine. At least at sea, you MIGHT jump overboard (and likely die later).

Good job getting it down and getting out alive, assuming it was on fire before the approach and landing.

Scariest thing I can imagine. At least at sea, you MIGHT jump overboard (and likely die later).

That would probably work out the same way in an airplane, except the second part would be quicker.:crazy:

Back