King Air 90 down short of 02 last night in CHA

I seen this late last night. It's absolutely amazing no one was killed in the plane or on the ground.

As I was reading the story you linked to above it came on CNNHN...that's a hellofa mess.

I was watching some live reporting from there on the local news last night. Thankfully all are o.k., relatively speaking.

The interesting thing was the vehicle that got rolled from the impact.

I just had to go have lunch by the crash site. It is unbelievable that no one perished, not a single building was hit, no power lines were damaged. Two unoccupied cars were demolished and a single parking lot light pole was taken out. Here are couple of pics I took. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC01711.JPG
    DSC01711.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01713.JPG
    DSC01713.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 80
If you look at pic one you can see one car upside down in the street and a wheel of a second car. Look close at the right wing inboard trailing edge and you can see the second car's wheel. The right wing is actually sitting on top of the second car.

I wonder how much the patrons at Long Horn jumped when it came down. That was dang close to any given obstacle.

I just had to go have lunch by the crash site. It is unbelievable that no one perished, not a single building was hit, no power lines were damaged. Two unoccupied cars were demolished and a single parking lot light pole was taken out. Here are couple of pics I took. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Enjoy?

No apologies for saying "Enjoy!" If I am ever given the opportunity to work on an NTSB investigation I would absolutely do it. I don't have the skill level myself but to work beside someone who does would really get me excited. Photos play a large role and I would ENJOY looking at them.

The owner of the C90, who was also one of the passengers, was interviewed on local talk radio today and said they did not fuel the aircraft prior to departing BHM. Looks like the classic fuel starvation due to pilot error.

From the report:
The witnesses stated that the airplane "crash landed", and collided with a few cars before coming to a stop against a light pole.
No fuel can have that effect.

Okay, I'm not at all familiar with the B90. But, I doubt it's a sealed fuel system where the nozzles are fitted and there's no direct access to the tanks. So, isn't there the typical visual and/or dip tube means for determining fuel on board?

I can't see how this won't fall back on the PIC of that particular flight.

Okay, I'm not at all familiar with the B90. But, I doubt it's a sealed fuel system where the nozzles are fitted and there's no direct access to the tanks. So, isn't there the typical visual and/or dip tube means for determining fuel on board

IIRC the caps for the wing tanks are all the way at the wingtip and you can only see fuel in there if the tanks are nearly full (like 90%+). Also, you ain't gonna be looking in those caps without a ladder. :no:

Back