Kind of a Dumb Question About Landing/Parking Fees

Re: I avioded one by accident

You would be amazed at how many people pull the "angel flight" trick out of their bag to escape fees....:mad2::mad2::mad2:...

All the FBO would need to do is ask to see the pilot's AF ID badge (I assume other regions have those, like AF West) and the flight's AF paperwork. It's been a few years since I've done a flight, but I used to do a few per year.

All the FBO would need to do is ask to see the pilot's AF ID badge (I assume other regions have those, like AF West) and the flight's AF paperwork. It's been a few years since I've done a flight, but I used to do a few per year.

It's on iPad now, waiver and itenerary...we do have badges also. I do 2-3 a month usually form the same airport so they know us. I have only seen once where a guy was claiming to be AF but got off the plane by himself...we had an adult discussion.

True, but it shouldn't matter. Other people's ethics shouldn't influence your own.
Sure but then there's this Support Animals on Airlines.

Seems like everyone and their brother has identified their pet as a 'support' animal. Stinks to high heaven for those with real needs or who have to put up with untrained beasts.

Sure but then there's this Support Animals on Airlines.

Seems like everyone and their brother has identified their pet as a 'support' animal. Stinks to high heaven for those with real needs or who have to put up with untrained beasts.

Most countries don't restrict pets except to be on a leash. I don't have issues with "untrained beasts" in public outside the human variety, I have never had a problem with a dog in a restaurant, or even a horse in a bar. We have far too many trivial rules and laws in America, far too many. That is why there are so few that actually respect the law, it has become tyrannical in minutia behavior taxes.

Most countries don't restrict pets except to be on a leash. I don't have issues with "untrained beasts" in public outside the human variety, I have never had a problem with a dog in a restaurant, or even a horse in a bar. We have far too many trivial rules and laws in America, far too many. That is why there are so few that actually respect the law, it has become tyrannical in minutia behavior taxes.
No problem with them in bars and restaurants either.

Do have a problem with random dogs and animals in airline cabins, respect the rules or make your own way without involving the rest of us.

Too few or too many behaviour laws or whatever, ethical civility generally calls for obeying them, changing them or moving.

I generally try to be civil in public perhaps with numerous exceptions. ;)

when i go to FBOs i leave them a bill for a $40 fee for looking at my plane!

No problem with them in bars and restaurants either.

Do have a problem with random dogs and animals in airline cabins, respect the rules or make your own way without involving the rest of us.

Too few or too many behaviour laws or whatever, ethical civility generally calls for obeying them, changing them or moving.

I generally try to be civil in public perhaps with numerous exceptions. ;)

In all my airlines travels I don't recall many dogs barking or attacking anyone, now the poorly trained kids, pooping, screaming, crying, grabbing, kicking backs of seats, that's 100X more is a issue for other pax than some pooch.

In all my airlines travels I don't recall many dogs barking or attacking anyone, now the poorly trained kids, pooping, screaming, crying, grabbing, kicking backs of seats, that's 100X more is a issue for other pax than some pooch.
I think you are right on that one!

Though I do little airline travel these days, I can't remember an unruly pet but can recall plenty of crying, pooping, screaming, kicking kiddies. I try to only have sympathy with parents traveling with their kids but a few kicks in the seat back changes everything.

I guess knowing that people use the support animal exemption to tote along their pet bothers me. Need to think about that a bit.

Just had the biggest "ramp fee" I've ever had...$1,050

Wow, I hope they laid out the red carpet and had little girls throwing flowers at your feet for that kind of money

We got a large pizza. The girls were definitely nothing to look at.

Seems like it might have room for min fuel. :D

Back