Kids at Gaston's?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Jeff from the red board asked if anyone else is bringing little kids to Gaston's:

please let me know if they go, it would help me talk the family into going if there were other small girls (our daughters are 6 & 4)

So, is anyone here bringing their kids with them?

I will be concerned again about having kids running out on an active runway. No objections, as long as they are on a leash!

Yes, there were a few folks normally associated with being adult that acted like they had found Never-Never land out there last year <g>

Best,

Dave

I'll be there and I act like a kid...:goofy::crazy:

I'm even thinking of installing a child seat in the Aztec for her for the trip down. :smilewinkgrin:

My three girls (15, 17, 18) and my nephew (14) will be there. My girls LOVE little kids and won't be shy about engaging and playing with them.

Tommy (14) will be there, and he assures me that he will watch carefully for airplanes even when he's not on the runway.

The ones I saw wandering around unattended on the runway were about 7yrs old I think.
It is likely they were children of non-aviators who did not realize the risk.

The ones I saw wandering around unattended on the runway were about 7yrs old I think.
It is likely they were children of non-aviators who did not realize the risk.

im positive of this. I know that I, and a few others, were careful to offer some friendly advice to non flying parents about keeping their kids close.

Tommy and others know now not to cross the river on the stepping stones right before the siren sounds in the evening. :yikes:

No chispa!

Jordan and Joshua (13 y.o.'s) will be there. Don't know about the 18 and 20 y.o. yet.

And Chel is bringing me, of course!

Jordan and Joshua (13 y.o.'s) will be there. Don't know about the 18 and 20 y.o. yet.

And Chel is bringing me, of course!

You coming in the Cherokee?

Nope. Sold the Cherokee.

If I sell the Cessna within the next week or two, and the guy accepts the offer on the Bonanza, then we'll fly in in the new Bo! ..... if not, we'd likely be driving.... that'd suck.

Nope. Sold the Cherokee.

If I sell the Cessna within the next week or two, and the guy accepts the offer on the Bonanza, then we'll fly in in the new Bo! ..... if not, we'd likely be driving.... that'd suck.

New Plane for the new rating????

Nope. Sold the Cherokee.

Geez, I wan't fishing or anything, was I? :D

Good luck- she's a nice bird!

Of course! LOL...

There's a neat short story behind the "new plane" that we've not got yet...
(wrong thread, but here goes anyway:)

We flew to Cozumel. 12 hrs. I loved it. Chel was pretty tired from a long day in the Cherokee. She asked, "Isn't there a better way"?

I grinned, and said: "Bonanza". 5 hrs, over water.

She said: "Let's do it!" (My favorite words to hear from her... but that's another story.)

So... all I got's to do now is sell the Cessna, cheap!

5 hours is a hell of a long time to be over-water in a Bo....Can't live life in fear though! Enjoy :)

Dearest Sirs,

RE: Cheap Cessna selling by you

I am the authourized legally designated and confirmed representative for a family trusteeship of significant stature and tangible net worth which mayso be interested in your aircrafts.

Of course! LOL...

There's a neat short story behind the "new plane" that we've not got yet...
(wrong thread, but here goes anyway:)

We flew to Cozumel. 12 hrs. I loved it. Chel was pretty tired from a long day in the Cherokee. She asked, "Isn't there a better way"?

I grinned, and said: "Bonanza". 5 hrs, over water.

She said: "Let's do it!" (My favorite words to hear from her... but that's another story.)

So... all I got's to do now is sell the Cessna, cheap!

5 hours is a hell of a long time to be over-water in a Bo....Can't live life in fear though! Enjoy :)

I was going to fly the Mooney to Grenada. That's a whole bunch of over water flying, and an engine that was going to start the trip at TBO. All comes down to risk tolerance. :)

LOL!!! God love ya' Wayne!

(He refers to a post on redboard never again - I'll cross post it for ya'll in the appropriate place. It's pretty funny.)

Dr. Bill: I've done that trip from Dallas in my A-36 and from Florida in the P-Baron. Great fun.
Returning from Merida at midnight, Houston Center was nice enough to tell my niece and I that it was the first time he'd had a Bonanza check in from over the Gulf at that time!

Best,

Dave

Back to kids and Gaston's, partially anyway

We all revert back to our childhood now and then, just some people do more often and remain there longer (lot longer) than others...so maybe we all need a heads up every now and then...just some more often than others:rofl:.

Likewise, Missa!! And we can have another Margarita, too! Grant makes YUMMY 'ritas.

Just remind me next time to stir the drink before I serve it to everyone...since I was the one who served the drink last year, I got left with the bottom of the barrel...which for most people would be a good thing but in this case, I'm not a huge fan of the flavor of alcohol so it was a bit much for me...but I managed!

Can't wait to see everyone again - and maybe we should let the deer drive the van instead of Alex:smile:.

Sorry for the thread-creep... :)

Also at this time we are for sale having a pristine Bonanza A-36 Beechcraft of impeccably equipped 430 Garmin 530, with less of engine and airframe accumulated hourages than others advertized, and at price savings to you immeasurably valued for resale comparable purposes.

The immediately negotiated price for your behalf of $49,950, subject to your approval and subject only to our receipt into account of your fully refundable deposit of Ten Thousand U. S. Dollars ($10,000) to our certified and approved bank by the Chancellor of the Exchequer in the United Kingdom. Please advise upon your submission of the aforementioned deposit.

Most sincerely and with accommodations,

Methinks you have that down TOO well... Maybe you've a nom'de'plume of UK origin??? LOL

I was going to fly the Mooney to Grenada. That's a whole bunch of over water flying, and an engine that was going to start the trip at TBO. All comes down to risk tolerance. :)
Oh...I don't mind risk. I'd fly an airplane across the Gulf *IF* I were being paid to do it.. I wouldn't do it to take my family on vacation. To each their own though :)

Back