Kidney Stone

U

Unregistered

I had a kidney stone episode about a month ago and have a follow up appointment with a urologist in a couple of days. What do I need from him to avoid problems with my third class medical? No previous history. CAT scan verbal report in the ER was only a single 2.5 cm stone already in transit. However, written report reported a similar size stone still in one kidney.

BTDT...e-mail Dr. Chien...or look on the Red Board for more stone information than you have time to read...

BTDT...e-mail Dr. Chien...or look on the Red Board for more stone information than you have time to read...
I 2nd that. I too had a kidney stone. I recall needing a report saying I was stone free. Since that episode was a long time ago and I report it now as PRNC I am not exactly sure what else I needed.

BTW 2.5cm...OWWW!!!!!

Mine was 1cm and it hurt like heck. It lodged in my urater and required two surgeries to get out. I got close and personal with stirrups and learned about 'dialation', never thought I was that...um. stretchy. I also had a stent put in to heal up and then had to have it taken out via the same pathway. They eventually got the stuck stone, or rather what was left of it after the surgeries back up into my kidney and then did a lithotripsy to blast it apart and then I was able to expell it normally in my urine.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back