Kidney stone experience plus question

U

Unregistered

Had a minor kidney stone last summer. Passed uneventfully and second scan showed out of the kidney. Urologist wrote me a letter saying stone passed and no further treatment needed. AME was not concerned and issued a 3rd class medical.

A few weeks (months?) later I got a letter from the FAA saying they had reviewed my medical records and found that I met the requirements for a 3rd class medical with normal expiration as issued and to self ground if required.

I anticipate needing to upgrade to a 2nd class in the future. When I go to upgrade and check the kidney stone box with "previously mentioned, no changes" should I expect stricter requirements being a 2nd class or should I be good to go?

Look up other comments on this web posted by DR Bruce.

You'll find his web page in his sig, send him a direct email and ask.
Trust and do what he tells you.

Look up other comments on this web posted by DR Bruce.

You'll find his web page in his sig, send him a direct email and ask.
Trust and do what he tells you.
:yeahthat:

Dr. Bruce is absent from this board for a short time. But if you need to email him, or call on phone, the contact on his web page works. www.aeromedicaldoc.com

Thanks guys, I reached out to him today. Looks like good to go given no differential requirements between classes as they relate to stones.

There shouldn't be. I went in for my 2nd class medical after having passed a stone 2 years prior. Not being my regular AME as I was living in a different town, he almost went through the roof, had me go do scans, x-rays and an IPV before he would sign me off. Ended up costing me a pretty penny. It was a medical nightmare rushing to get it all done. But everything checked out okay of course and he signed me off. I never did get a letter from the FAA though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back