Kid to Camp in a jet!

Q. What's the difference between Larry Ellison and God?

snip

A: God doesn't think he's Larry Ellison. :rofl:

copyright notice required ... book available at your local bookstore ... :) I only worked for the guy for 6 years ... never got a ride on the America's cup boat, never got to fly any of the jets ... :mad:

Who the heck is Larry Ellison? :confused:

OK I looked him up. I was thinking he was some kind of sports figure. Sounds like a NASCAR driver....
He's not that fast! :D

On the subject of catering for corporate airplanes, I've always thought that this would be a profitable enterprise. I've seen some pretty stunning catering bills.
That reminds me a show I saw a while back on the Travel Channel. It was about a company that owned several resort locations around the world providing some pretty lavish vacations to be had. They start with a private ride on a decked out BBJ and a price tag beginning at $13 grand a person.

Who the heck is Larry Ellison? :confused:

OK I looked him up. I was thinking he was some kind of sports figure. Sounds like a NASCAR driver....

On the subject of catering for corporate airplanes, I've always thought that this would be a profitable enterprise. I've seen some pretty stunning catering bills.

Mari,

It sure as heck is. The downside is getting cleared and getting in the space; one bad meal and you could be off a charter co's docket forever. However, corporate travel catering alone generated margins in excess of 150%, and when you accounted for risk/liability insurance (that had to be held), it was closer to 80%. Damn nice nickle if you can get it.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I guess I don't feel so bad now for dropping the kids off at camp in the Malibu for the last two years. 1.9 hrs each way sure beats the 7 hrs in the car with the kids asking "are we there yet?"

Back