Kicking myself for believing in eBay.

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
So I figured going on eBay I could find a good deal on a Treo. Sure enough I found a decent deal at 272 with shipping for a Treo 650. So I'm checking out, and I noticed the seller had a website. Go to it, and find out if I purchased straight through his website, I would've saved 30$. :mad: That could've bought the 1GB SD card I was wanting. Great. Oh well. Live and learn. Just remember to look and see if a seller has a business site before hitting that Pay Now button. :)

wbarnhill said:
So I figured going on eBay I could find a good deal on a Treo. Sure enough I found a decent deal at 272 with shipping for a Treo 650. So I'm checking out, and I noticed the seller had a website. Go to it, and find out if I purchased straight through his website, I would've saved 30$. :mad: That could've bought the 1GB SD card I was wanting. Great. Oh well. Live and learn. Just remember to look and see if a seller has a business site before hitting that Pay Now button. :)

Whenever I consider making an Ebay purchase, I try to determine a fair price from alternative sources as well as from past sales on Ebay. Quite often I see people making bids on stuff that are higher than what's available elsewhere.

Why don't you ask him why he's charging more on ebay than on his own website - it would be one thing if it were the auction - but to charge more on "pay now" just because it's ebay? that seems kind of skunky to me. maybe he would cut a deal. you could always give him bad feedback.

Because eBay takes a cut of each sale.

I think I paid about $150 after rebates for my Treo 650 at Costco a few months ago.

woodstock said:
that seems kind of skunky to me. maybe he would cut a deal. you could always give him bad feedback.
Fair is fair. Business is business. He can charge whatever he wants and the customer can simply buy elsewhere.

Giving negative feedback would be a bit of a low blow.

Considering what eBay likes to take out of the deal, I understand why he put a higher price on the goods there, so no big deal, just wanted to let others remember to check everything you can before hitting the button :)

Not gonna leave bad feedback or anything like that, it was my choice to buy, and at the time I thought it was a good deal. Just happens that I found a better deal after I went through the process. Like I said, live and learn ;)

lancefisher said:
Whenever I consider making an Ebay purchase, I try to determine a fair price from alternative sources as well as from past sales on Ebay. Quite often I see people making bids on stuff that are higher than what's available elsewhere.

Oh, the price was right, and lower than other prices on eBay, minus one that I lost out on earlier in the day by 2$. (Went for 233 instead of 231). I just should've checked his website, but was in too much of a rush. Totally my fault :D

If I were you I'd still buy it off of ebay. If you get scammed, at least you have a little bit of recourse. One of the oldest ebay scams is "check our website for the same thing at a lower price". For some reason when people get off of ebay all of their bullSh1t detectors are turned off.

"well, in order to get the lower price you have to pay by money order."

Not saying that it would have happened to you, but I've seen it happen to a lot of people.

FlyNE said:
If I were you I'd still buy it off of ebay. If you get scammed, at least you have a little bit of recourse. One of the oldest ebay scams is "check our website for the same thing at a lower price". For some reason when people get off of ebay all of their bullSh1t detectors are turned off.

"well, in order to get the lower price you have to pay by money order."

Not saying that it would have happened to you, but I've seen it happen to a lot of people.
I'd compare the shipping "and handling" charges to see if they make up for the differences.

"Absolutely FREE!*" * Just pay shipping and handling.

Back