kick-butt weather site - need link

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
hi all

I thought we used to have a place to post "really cool aviation websites" and that I had posted a really useful weather link in there. can't find it, and don't have the link with me.

this site shows a variety of things, in 3-4 hour chunks of time. wind direction, chance of precip, humidity, viz, yada yada... all in a sort of horizontal graph. you can change it by airport ID. it's way cool. does anyone know what I am talking about?

I do have it at work but am not there, and I wanted to check on today - variety of local airports.

Maybe this one:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?MapType=3&site=LOT&CiTemplate=1&map.x=228&map.y=97

Then put your zip code in the top and once it has loaded your area, go down to the bottom right and under Additional Forecasts and Information click on "hourly weather graph" and you can get sky cover, precip, temp, dewpoint, etc -- projected horizontally for 24 hours.

Be prepared to wait, though, I have a very fast connection and it still takes a few moments for the computer to generate the image.

Elizabeth H ('the other one')

wow, awesome sites - not the one I was thinking of but I'll bookmark them. when I get to work I'll post it here... thanks!!

Woodstock,
Did you ever find the site? Curious minds want to know.

BTW tried to PM you, your box if full, will not except any more until you make room... KD

I did, sorry! I couldn't find the links database but it is indeed there and also it's the same one everskyward posted.

grattonja said:
That link is the cat's, uh, whiskers. Thanks all. It is now in my bookmarks, and is really helping me figure out if I am going to stagger into a CU or not tomorrow, going to UNV.

Cool weather page!

Jim G

yep, that was the one!

Back