KHOT and Hot Springs

Challenged

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
The flight to KHOT is only about 1:30 for me, so it seems like an easy enough destination for a long weekend, but I also have no experience with the area. Anyone have any recent input on KHOT and things to do there? It'll either be just my wife and I, or my 6 year old and mother-in-law may join us as well.

The Christmas lights at Garvan Woodland Gardens are fantastic! Perfect for kids, but adults would be impressed too. It’s also great for walking during the day.

The old bathhouses are cool. One is owned by the national parks service with free admission. Another has art exhibits on the weekends (also free).

The Ohio Club can be packed with tourists at night, but the history really is fascinating.

I haven’t spent much time in Hot Springs but just another hour north (123 nm) is Branson, MO.

Lots of shows, activities, and shopping for kids and adults including Silver Dollar City. A lot of the theaters have switched over to their Christmas shows and there are several big drive through Christmas light shows in the area. I would avoid it during Thanksgiving weekend though.

Any of the local airports would be a good choice, KBBG, KPLK, & KFWB.

Back