KHDC Hammond Northshore - Top Gun Aviation & Tacos & Beer

rangerz

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
rangerz
Ran over to KHDC for the 1st time Sunday from Pensacola to meet a friend for lunch. Nothing like converting a 4.5hr drive into a 1.5 hour (with headwind) flight. Friendly flight following all the way from Pesnacola and a straight-in with taxi back to Top Gun Aviation. They parked me right in front of the FBO and rolled the fuel truck before I was even out of the airplane. Full service for $5.60/gal which is about the best I find self service most places.

A quick ride into town and some of the best Mexican food I've had in a while at Tacos & Beer (had to pass on the beer). Departure was just as easy, airborn just a few minutes after calling ground with a nice tailwind back to Pensacola along the coast at 9,500 feet truing 165kts @ 13.0gal/hr. 2nd time in as many months over in New Orleans Approach territory and they have been friendly every time.

View attachment khdc.jpg

I used Topgun on the 9th to drop off some donations from my Wife to a friend. Topgun parked me right in front of the door and had the fuel truck out before I could finish my shutdown routine. Very nice FBO facilities and the tower both inbound and outbound was frendly and helpful.

Agree, the fuel prices are great for the region!

Back