KHAF and KMRY

Jon Scofield

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jon Scofield
Wanting to fly to a nice area on the coast for the day...however im a VFR pilot and I know the coasts get some low visibility sometimes.

If not those two, can anyone recommend a nice place to fly and spend the day? 100+ miles is fine. Will be coming from KEDU (Davis, CA). Thanks in advance.

Wanting to fly to a nice area on the coast for the day...however im a VFR pilot and I know the coasts get some low visibility sometimes.

If not those two, can anyone recommend a nice place to fly and spend the day? 100+ miles is fine. Will be coming from KEDU (Davis, CA). Thanks in advance.

http://air-galore.com/

I stopped by here about a month ago while driving. It’s a couple miles from the beach and elevation 574 so will be out of some of the ‘June Gloom’ that happens right along the coast. Rental cars available and a short drive to Mendocino, a nice area on the coast. If the beach is fogged in early but you can get here there might be a good chance it will burn off by mid day so you can enjoy a day along the beach and in town before flying home.

Back