KGON - Groton CT

SLagonia

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Sal
I need to fly up to Groton for a conference next week. Anyone have suggestions on FBOs, tie-downs, etc. Thanks

Sal

The only transient tiedowns are on the west side of the tower, and most of them are rented out. Check with ground to find out which ones you can park in. There's self-serve fuel near there.

Lanmar Aviation. By far the best FBO supported by the nicest people. Diane/manager, Doug/line chief, Betzy and Michelle/c.s.

JuggyJet said:
Lanmar Aviation. By far the best FBO supported by the nicest people. Diane/manager, Doug/line chief, Betzy and Michelle/c.s.

I concur. I have heard many good things about Lanmar Aviation as well. Columbia Air Services is also pretty good and has a little bit cheaper fuel.

Does anyone know if the diner at KGON is open? The last time I went, tower told me the diner had already been closed for months and I ended up just doing a full-stop/taxi-back since I was going there for the food.

Have a great trip, Sal!

Jason

Thanks all - I had stopped at Columbia a few months ago and found them very nice as well. Today I actually got a return call from the airport manager today who told me that there are a few tie-downs available in the public ramp. Sounds like a friendly place.

Sal

Back