KGGG: Stebbins or KRS Jet

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Showing up with my lowly 182.

I don’t need red carpet, water, cookies, or clean toilets. Fuel truck would be nice. Hangar option in case of weather too.

Which do you recommend and why?

It’s been years since I’ve been there, but KRS has always been awesome to me. If they’re being run just as well now as they were then, I can’t recommend them enough:

My first time there was in a piston twin - a last minute divert to GGG for weather. It was late Sunday and they were getting ready to leave for the night, but stuck around for me to arrive, put the plane in a hangar to protect it from potential hail, and then gave me a ride to the hotel. Probably bought 50 or so gallons of 100LL from them the next morning, and wasn’t charged for anything else. They treated me like a king even though I wasn’t burning kerosene.

I never forgot that experience, so later on in my career I fuel stopped maybe a half dozen times at KRS in various jets over the years. Still got the same great service. This would all be in the 2004-2011 time frame so it’s old data, but if they’re still half as good as they were then - they’d be my pick.

Last edited:
Both are good. I usually go to Stebbin’s but only because trying to explain how to find KRS to my family wasn’t worth it. ForeFlight says Stebbins has no fuel but that is wrong. There is no self service at Stebbins.

I think both are fine. Stebbins actually has more single engine pistons in their hangers, but KRS will welcome planes like yours as well.

If you just need fuel (and a bathroom), make Gladewater 07F your stop. Much cheaper fuel, clean bathroom, and free parking. Two RNAV approaches too.

Thanks everyone. Canceled trip due to WX impacting arrival time and schedule.

Back