KFPR Navy SEAL Museum

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
Today I took a day trip with a friend down to Ft. Pierce (KFPR) to check out the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum...and it was awesome. I've flown to KFPR a lot and have driven through many times and have seen the sign for this museum so finally decided to take a trip down. Flew into FPR, parked on the APP Aviation Ramp (the airport tiki restaurant is there too, a classic $100 burger run, would also recommend that), parking has no fee if you are just staying for the day. To get to the museum just grab an uber/lyft which there were plenty in the area, was $13 each way to the museum, about a 15 minute drive. Entry to the museum is $10 per person. It was an awesome museum which showcases some amazing artifacts (such as the Maersk Alabama Lifeboat the real life captain Phillips was rescued from), and also shows how amazing what the SEALs do and covers their history. We spent about 3.5 hours at the museum and had a great time.

If you are looking for a good day trip and are nearby a flight to KFPR for lunch at the Tiki and a trip to the US Navy Seal museum is well worth your time.

Be advised the Tiki restaurant is breakfast and lunch only. I got burned by that planning on grabbing some food after clearing customs to find out they were closed.

Be advised the Tiki restaurant is breakfast and lunch only. I got burned by that planning on grabbing some food after clearing customs to find out they were closed.

good point, they Tiki is only about till "about 3" when I asked!

The tiki is worth the trip,will check out the museum.

Back