Kfld oshkosh week

muddy00

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
muddy00
anyone been into fondulac during air venture? Have any tips or thoughts on how it was. Not sure I want to mess with osh

I just fly by towards RIPON.

What are your expected Oshkosh dates & times? Take the stress out and get on the FISKE arrival between 0720-0930 or so A.M., easy-peasy. This weekend can get hairy with group arrivals and all the display aircraft. The weekday mornings 'normally' have less traffic.

Of course weather may cause bunches to squeeze in when allowed.

Thinking of going Wednesday morning leaving that night.

If you're close(or can be) look over the Notam and be lined up over RIPON at 0720 or so. The traffic will be light, get in trail, watch for 'cutters'. Follow the instructions, it's usually the entry for a 'right downwind' for 27. You will have an idea with forecast winds, confirmed with ATIS.

Fly your plane, don't work yourself up. Once on the ground take it easy, watch the wingtips.

Leaving is easier, crank when able, follow the line to the departure runway(usually 27). Don't cut through the arrival corridor as you depart.

FLD is a nice option, but OSH is fine.

Why would anyone go to FLD when OSH is right there? The OSH arrival isn't nearly as difficult, or scary, as people make it out to be. I've done it at least a dozen times, without issue. Don't let fear takeover - follow the light directly to OSH (plus, at FLD, they don't say "Nice landing, turn off into the grass when able, Welcome to Oshkosh", the last part being perhaps the best words a pilot can hear :)

What if you hear wow what a $h!! Landing

anyone been into fondulac during air venture? Have any tips or thoughts on how it was. Not sure I want to mess with osh

I think I've camped there 3 times when OSH was full. It is absolutely not for me...

Back