KFC200 disconnects

Torque beast

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bryan
Just bought a Baron and on the flight home the autopilot started to disconnect when the ptt button was used. Happened with ptt on yoke and panel. Does not do it every time but maybe 7 out of 10 times. Any ideas where to start looking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disconnect is usually a momentary contact to ground, and do is PTT. The panel PTT and yoke PTT are most likely connected somewhere behind the panel. I’d guess there is a short between the Disconnect and PTT wires somewhere in the coil cord, but more likely on one end or the other. You could try hitting the disconnect button and see if you get a Tx on your active radio to confirm this. Aldo, try plugging into the copilot side and use that PTT to see if it doesn’t do it.

What do you mean plug into copilot side ptt? I have one on the yoke for pilot and one one panel in front of the copilot. Also, after a little ground testing with autopilot on it only seems to do it with com 1 as I could not get it to replicate on com 2

KFC200
PMA450a
Garmin 430w
KX165
ADF
Garmin 327 wGDL82
Garmin GFL39 on top of glove box for garmin760

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesse I checked AP disconnect and it does not show a TX when pressed. I did take too plate off yoke and on the ptt there are 3 male connectors and the bottom 2 were being used and top one was open with wires crammed on top of it. Not sure if it was already broke or I broke it but the ptt switch came apart so I will have to order another before I can test more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back