KEYE 9/17/11 dinner

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
We're flying down to dinner at Rick's Café and Boatyard, across the street from KEYE the evening of Saturday, 9/17/11. We'll be getting to Rick's around 7:30 EDT (For you midwesterners, don't forget the time zone change!) and have a reservation at 8PM. Scott and his SO and maybe Duncan may join us, and anyone else is welcome too!

Last edited:
I don't think I will be there. I will probably be attending a benefit dinner that evening.

I have it under consideration. May be racing that day. May be too broke. May need to think about a night flight....it's been a looong time; may be high time. It's on the radar!

Awww... Grant! :( Have a scrapbooking event and going shopping at the Mall of America that weekend. ScrapFest '11 is in da House! :D

You didn't read [thread=44104]Felix's thread[/thread] about MoA?

Well, I guess I'd best leave my video camera at home and try extra hard to pick up my phone from the table after eating lunch at Johnny Rocket's! :rolleyes:

Well, I guess I'd best leave my video camera at home and try extra hard to pick up my phone from the table after eating lunch at Johnny Rocket's! :rolleyes:
No, just refuse to patronize a company that does those things and join us at Rick's instead! :)

And I'll reiterate that I have reservations at 8 PM, a little later than I had hoped, but they didn't have reservations for a group our size at 7.

Indiana is eastern time. Is that 8PM Eastern or Central?

Should take me about an 1:40 to get there. Planning backwards for an 8pm reservation... Grant when are you planning on leaving? 5:30 CDT ?

Should take me about an 1:40 to get there. Planning backwards for an 8pm reservation... Grant when are you planning on leaving? 5:30 CDT ?
I figure I'll leave about 5PM CDT, because I always seem to take too long on something, and it gives time to shut down and get cleaned up before dinner. We're going to be in a 172 Saturday, so it'll take us about 1:25.

I figure I'll leave about 5PM CDT, because I always seem to take too long on something, and it gives time to shut down and get cleaned up before dinner. We're going to be in a 172 Saturday, so it'll take us about 1:25.
Okie dokie. I have to fuel up before I leave since I got back after the pumps were closed on Wednesday. But we will plan on a 4:45pm wheels up time and that will put us into KEYE at about the same time as you.

No word from the tech about my GPS so I will be flying /A & single radio. But as we proved Wednesday, old school is still very doable. I am planning a VOR to VOR flight: EON, BVT-->KEYE

Okie dokie. I have to fuel up before I leave since I got back after the pumps were closed on Wednesday. But we will plan on a 4:45pm wheels up time and that will put us into KEYE at about the same time as you.

No word from the tech about my GPS so I will be flying /A & single radio. But as we proved Wednesday, old school is still very doable. I am planning a VOR to VOR flight: EON, BVT-->KEYE
Be aware that there is a temporary tower at Lewis until 8PM CDT!
ATIS 132.3
Lewis Tower 127.825
Surface to 3200'

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/notices/2011-08-25/SP11023.cfm

Okay, Duncan +1, Scott +1, Grant/Leslie, another plane from A & M. JoeSelch, will you grace us with your beauty? Anyone else?

I'd like to guys, but Mrs. Steingar just got over a pretty big illness, so I think a 140nm mile round trip is not a good idea. With luck we'll see you at Windwood.

Ok, got notice of time change just in time, dashed out door and into the air, ipad says 7:33 arrival, see you there

We had a great dinner at Eagle Creek. There were four couples, only two of whom had previously met. The timing worked well, because we had all managed to find one another in the restaurant shortly before being seated. It was a gorgeous nit for flying, and the rising moon on the way home was spectacular. It was great meeting Duncan and his wonderful bride, Anne we may have induced Kevin, the pilot in the other couple with us, to look into PoA too.

It was good to see you Grant, it had been such a long time ;). Great to see Leslie too and to meet Kevin, his bride and Duncan and his SO. Nice to always meet new people.

It was a great flight home, we had you in sight the entire way until about 5 south of EON, I turned toward the west and you started your descent down under the Bravo. Such a smooth, cool, perfect night to fly. The only thing was that may taxiing to take off at EYE felt a little funny. Seemed slow to accelerate. Upon landing at 10C it also took a lot of power for me to taxi. I was worried something was wrong with the wheels. But it seems that somehow I did not remove all of the parking brake and had partial brakes on. DOH!!! First time I ever did that!

BTW Rick's is a really great place. That one will be a repeat visit. When we are looking for PoA gatherings in a little different location we have to keep that one in mind. The Ohio contingent and maybe Michigan ones can also get there pretty easy.

Oh the humanity!!!

(Says the guy with the /A panel.) ;)

BTW Rick's is a really great place. That one will be a repeat visit. When we are looking for PoA gatherings in a little different location we have to keep that one in mind. The Ohio contingent and maybe Michigan ones can also get there pretty easy.

Indeed it is. We had dinner there almost two years ago w/ Dunc and a few others. It's easily reached by those in IL, MO & KY also. Pretty good location and wonderful setting. There are also a few hotels nearby in case we ever want to get REALLY carried away! :)

We also had a great flight home, despite a suprising amount (there actually was some) of turbulence on the way home. Great dinner and always good to meet new friends.

Tim, just say when you want to go, we're still in!

Back