Ketchup spigot

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
On the way back from OSH11 Doug and I hit a McD's that had a ketchup spigot.

Somehow pressurized, it looked like a coffee dispenser.

Disgusting. But seemed appropriate in the middle of nowhere on I-80 at the "Nebraska Crossing" outlet mall.

I forgot to take a photo. Or I was too grossed out. Ha. Not sure which.

On the way back from OSH11 Doug and I hit a McD's that had a ketchup spigot.

Somehow pressurized, it looked like a coffee dispenser.

Disgusting. But seemed appropriate in the middle of nowhere on I-80 at the "Nebraska Crossing" outlet mall.

I forgot to take a photo. Or I was too grossed out. Ha. Not sure which.

The hand pump style, or like a sink? The former is actually quite common. I've never seen the latter, but would love to take a trip to see it...

This is an outrage, it must be stopped. It is the beginning of the complete destruction of one of Americas most cherished pastimes, watching someone trying to thump just one little drop out of the catchup bottle, only to end up with the entire contents bursting out of the bottle, all over their food, the table, and themselves.

This will bring to an end the rousing cheering and clapping in restaurants across the land. We must do something, write Congress, appeal to our President, anything. This is like mom and apple pie being banished from our soil. We gotta band together and do something.

John

Last edited:
The hand pump style, or like a sink? The former is actually quite common. I've never seen the latter, but would love to take a trip to see it...

Neither. It was a pipe coming up through the drink "table" area, curved over the "french drain" slop drain that runs the length of the stainless steel, with a coffee pot style (or water cooler) style valve on it.

I'd never seen one. (And hope to never again. LOL!)

I've seen plenty of those. What's the problem?

You don't like ketchup on fries?

Go back to whatever communist country from which you spawned.

i have some brats at home that i might have to eat now, with ketchup of course. this thread is making me hungry

just don't 'heart' it on your hot dogs. That is plain disgusting if you are over the age of 5 years old!! :D;)

I have not consumed a hot dog in a while but I think if I did it would probably have mustard on it. Not sure though I usually just eat whatever, I'm not that picky.

Sorry to disappoint but I am neither anti-ketchup nor pro-ketchup when it comes to hot dogs. I just go with the flow and do not see what all the fuss is about.

I have not consumed a hot dog in a while but I think if I did it would probably have mustard on it. Not sure though I usually just eat whatever, I'm not that picky.

Sorry to disappoint but I am neither anti-ketchup nor pro-ketchup when it comes to hot dogs. I just go with the flow and do not see what all the fuss is about.

As long as the flow includes ketchup, you're good.

You don't like ketchup on fries?

Go back to whatever communist country from which you spawned.

ROFL. It's okay. I don't go out of my way for it though. Mustard on fries is better.

The real purpose of french fries is to be a yummy transportation mechanism for enormous amounts of sodium though, isn't it? ;) SALT on fries... now you're talkin'. Various types of seasoned salt, +1.

i have some brats at home that i might have to eat now, with ketchup of course. this thread is making me hungry

We hauled brauts to OSH, kept pouring ice in the cooler all week, never cooked them, and they're back in my freezer.

Note to self: You're way too busy at OSH to cook unless you're Leslie the Saint who made Jambalaya for 30 people at the PoA party! (THANKS AGAIN GRANT AND LESLIE!!!)

Well as long as that flow involve mustard on a dog you're fine. (pssst Don't listen to Nick!)
:D

You dont have a ketchup faucet in your kitchen ?

Heinz ketchup is the only ketchup that is edible.

And, ketchup on scrambled eggs is the only way I'll eat them when they're not in omelet form.

As for fries, it's ketchup + mayo like I had in Germany. That would also explain why I'm so fat. :D

P.S. Is this the type of dispenser of which you speak?

shack_catsup-500x373.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty close. Just replace that big box with nothing but a 1/2" ID pipe that just held the valve up high enough to get something under it on the drink station/stainless steel.

Now I do see that one has a MUSTARD spigot. I'm all for that! :D

Pretty close. Just replace that big box with nothing but a 1/2" ID pipe that just held the valve up high enough to get something under it on the drink station/stainless steel.

Now I do see that one has a MUSTARD spigot. I'm all for that! :D

Our Arby's also has a spigot for Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce.

Our Arby's also has a spigot for Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce.

Horsey sauce??? Thank goodness I've never eaten at Arby's though we do have one about an hour north of where I live.

I ride horses, not eat them.

Horsey sauce??? Thank goodness I've never eaten at Arby's though we do have one about an hour north of where I live.

I ride horses, not eat them.

You are missing out. Horsey sauce is the one redeeming quality about Arbys, unless you like ****ting your pants.

Hot dogs need mustard, and a choice of: saurkraut, and/or those cooked onions. But now we can have the regional arguing begin about what actually should go on a hot dog (ala deep dish pizza vs thin crust pizza debate)

Tony: when you said brats, I'm LMAO thinking you meant little brat type people...you mean brots (as in brotwurst or I guess brauts)

Oh and pump type dispensers for ketchup, mustard and other sauces have been around for a long long time (Nathan's comes to mind)

My son says the only use for ketchup is cocktail sauce for shrimp. I say ketchup is tomato excretions.

Oh and pump type dispensers for ketchup, mustard and other sauces have been around for a long long time (Nathan's comes to mind)

These are not hand-pumped. Look at the photos someone posted. The pump is electric and hiding under the counter somewhere, unless that's what you meant...

But when I envision a "pump style" I think of the boxes with the large human-powered plungers. Not these things.

Not sure what Nathan's has, since there aren't any here. Someday I'll make a Coney Island trip. ;)

Dude has a good first name, though. There aren't enough of us Nathan guys, although it did get popular with Gen-Y parents for a while. In the last few years I find myself about to turn around and say, "What?!" only to realize it's some mom scolding a younger Nathan. I never heard my own name said by anyone in public as a kid. It was very rare back then. ;)

The art of removing ketchup from the glass bottle is pretty much gone. Kids had to learn how to get the ketchup out including a knife, hitting from the back or was it best to hit on the side at a 45 degree angle? We've now turned the condiment into a convenience. Thankfully the taste of ketchup really hasn't changed...just it's container!

The art of removing ketchup from the glass bottle is pretty much gone. Kids had to learn how to get the ketchup out including a knife, hitting from the back or was it best to hit on the side at a 45 degree angle? We've now turned the condiment into a convenience. Thankfully the taste of ketchup really hasn't changed...just it's container!
I have not seen ketchup in a glass bottle in a couple of years. All I have seen is the plastic squeeze bottles. Makes getting the ketchup out even easier.

There is a locals cafe in Broken Bow, NE that we go to every time we have a doctor trip there in the King Air. The other pilot and I have a battle with the ketchup. It's a sceme between one onother to see whos going to "break" the suction! It's an unwritten rule, you HAVE to have ketchup with crinkle cut fries or you're just not a normal American.

Glass HEINZ bottle ketchup can be "released" by holding at 45° and tapping the "57"s on the side. Or, shove a french fry up it :D

The other pilot and I have a battle with the ketchup. It's a sceme between one onother to see whos going to "break" the suction!

There's a secret method that will win for you next time. Hold that glass bottle between your palms, top up and lid on, and spin it back and forth violently by rolling it between your hands. Ketchup is a thixotropic solution: it gels a bit when it sits. This method liquifies it, and throws the ketchup out to the walls of the jar and leaves a channel up the center for the air to get in. Works well unless the restaurant refills the stupid thing right to the top.

Dan

Back