Kentucky poll worker chokes voter

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A poll worker in Kentucky has been arrested, after allegedly choking a voter and pushing the voter out the door Tuesday morning.

A spokeswoman for the county clerk in Louisville said the poll worker has been charged with assault and interfering with an election.

She said election officials called police after the incident, and that the voter wanted to file charges.

There was no information yet on just what sparked the altercation.

-------

Wow. Btw - I saw no copyright notice on the story, so I figured its ok, but it is from the AP.

Very likely copywritten. here is a link to the article.

BTW I have not seen why the worker was choking the voter. I mean really, this morning I tried a few jokes on the election judges. I bombed but at least I wasn't mauled ;-)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/07/politics/main2160677.shtml

AP) A poll worker was arrested Tuesday and charged with assault and interfering with an election for allegedly choking a voter and pushing him out the door, officials said.

It apparently started as a dispute between the two over marking the ballot, said Lt. Col. Carl Yates of the Jefferson County sheriff's office.

The voter told poll worker Jeffery Steitz that he didn't want to vote in a judicial election because he didn't know enough about the candidates, but Steitz told him he had to vote in the race anyway, Yates said.

Steitz, 42, eventually grabbed the man by the neck and threw him out of the polling place, Yates said.

"The poor guy went back in and he threw him out again," Yates said. "At least it wasn't over a Democrat or a Republican being on the ballot."

Election officials called police.

"That about tops off the day," said Paula McCraney, a spokeswoman for the Jefferson County clerk's office. :p

Hey, my election judges saw my "Prellwitz Air" hat and started talking aviation with me. They were all interested! Unfortunately, I needed to get to work, but it was cool.

My ballot clerk looked up and said, "We love the lighthouse on your roof".

HR

Back