Kentucky Dam POA Fly-In Video's

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
I made two videos from the fly-in for those that are interested. The first video is just our flight down to M34 from Chicago.

The second video showcases a bit of our shenanigans down at the Dam. There's a bit of us at the airport, my first Comanche ride (with a sweet low approach), a 310 flight around the lake, a pontoon boat ride and some excellent (at the time :)) singing/guitar playing.

I'm pinging those that I remember off hand that attended even though we left a day early: @eman1200 @SixPapaCharlie @OkieFlyer @EdFred @kayoh190 @cowman @Bill Jennings @Ben Diss @Skywalker @tmyers @Skyrys62 @Dave Theisen @tawood @timwinters @Lance F @bbchien @KayDeeW

Great videos. As always. I flew to M34 today from Nashville. Good times.

Good thing you had whisky! Good thing ATC asked!

You ATC folks really look out for each other. I never knew!

So, I'm curious. What exactly defines "a pretty runway"? Was the asphalt particularly black? ;)

So, I'm curious. What exactly defines "a pretty runway"? Was the asphalt particularly black? ;)
We are from northern Illinois...where all concrete and asphalt looks crappy. This was particularly black and the paint was nice and fresh. Whenever she see's a pretty landing strip...she gives credit. :)

Great stuff @Radar Contact !!! Loved that you got the somewhat creepy "Hi Kevin" convo on video. Frankly, I'm actually surprised the singing isn't more horrible when sober, lol. You captured the weekend pretty well, my friend. Too bad you didn't get the sinking of the SS Jackwagon on tape. I am very surprised you didn't edit out the "Boomer Sooner" following the successful hat recovery. Awesome vids. Looking forward to the next shindig.

Great stuff @Radar Contact !!! Loved that you got the somewhat creepy "Hi Kevin" convo on video. Frankly, I'm actually surprised the singing isn't more horrible when sober, lol. You captured the weekend pretty well, my friend. Too bad you didn't get the sinking of the SS Jackwagon on tape. I am very surprised you didn't edit out the "Boomer Sooner" following the successful hat recovery. Awesome vids. Looking forward to the next shindig.
Glad you liked it! I agree, you singing types actually sounded pretty good...even sober. :) Would have been nice if the camera was rolling during the rogue wave incident but oh well...we can always swamp the boat again next year. After last years tragic loss to a much better opponent to end your season, I thought I'd give your Sooner's a couple seconds of spotlight.

@Radar Contact I see that your lady referred to "The Civil War." You haven't educated her on "The War of Northern Aggression"?! ;)

Love the sound of big bore Continentals.

Great videos! Funny thing - your channel was suggested to me on YouTube last week and I viewed a couple of your videos. Didn't realize this was you on POA (of course, I only lurk and post occasionally)! Might have to knock a few "cool points" off for digging at my Sooners a few posts above, though! :D

@eman1200 here's a comment for you from youtube...

"wow, that guy who showed up late had an incredible landing! I give it 10 out of 10!"

And he didn't even know you had a 20 kt crosswind. :)

"wow, that guy who showed up late had an incredible landing! I give it 10 out of 10!"

lol, now WHO would make such a comment.............???

I'll bet he's the guy that also told you to get a shave in one of your other videos!

Last edited:
She's a work in progress. :)

I think you'll be back in big bore Continentals one day Ted...maybe a nice retirement 310/340. ;)

My wife and I love 310s and 340s. With that said, I'm not sure I'd go back to the cabin class pressurized piston twin again. Too much complexity, too much that can (and does) go wrong. But a 310? Yep, I could see us getting back into one of those someday.

The MU-2 is a great airplane for the Cloud Nine mission, and it's also very nice for the family trips when we rent it for personal use. Which so far, has been 0 times. But yesterday I had a beautiful co-pilot along for the 22.7 nm, 24 gallon flight. ;)

31948689_882190341613_5596215178346627072_n.jpg

My wife and I love 310s and 340s. With that said, I'm not sure I'd go back to the cabin class pressurized piston twin again. Too much complexity, too much that can (and does) go wrong. But a 310? Yep, I could see us getting back into one of those someday.

The MU-2 is a great airplane for the Cloud Nine mission, and it's also very nice for the family trips when we rent it for personal use. Which so far, has been 0 times. But yesterday I had a beautiful co-pilot along for the 22.7 nm, 24 gallon flight. ;)

31948689_882190341613_5596215178346627072_n.jpg

That's awesome you were able to get one of your co-pilots up with you! I'll look forward to your eventual return on TTCF when you get back to 310's. :)

That's awesome you were able to get one of your co-pilots up with you! I'll look forward to your eventual return on TTCF when you get back to 310's. :)

I took my son along when I dropped the thing off at the engine shop for the hot section. At a full hour in level flight at FL190, he got bored after a bit. But on a 12 minute flight with one of the twins, she took lots of notes for me. :)

I only wanted one of them in the plane and so her sister was upset that she didn't get to go. So twin #2 will get to go with me on the ferry for the return flight.

Great videos Kevin! Thanks for taking the time to put those together.

Enjoyed the video. As you went down the flight line I thought the Comanche looked familiar, EdFreds ride.

You are a neat couple, I enjoyed it immensely.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Now I’m laughing at me picturing them sitting around at home this week...

“Hey honey, some dude on the Internet says we’re a ‘neat couple’. Imagine that.”

“Oh yeah? Awesome. Hey, what say we take our ‘neat couple’ butts and put them in the car and go get some dinner somewhere?”

“Cool! I bet everyone there will say, ‘What a neat couple!’ when we walk in!”

:)

Now I’m laughing at me picturing them sitting around at home this week...

“Hey honey, some dude on the Internet says we’re a ‘neat couple’. Imagine that.”

“Oh yeah? Awesome. Hey, what say we take our ‘neat couple’ butts and put them in the car and go get some dinner somewhere?”

“Cool! I bet everyone there will say, ‘What a neat couple!’ when we walk in!”

:)

If it were "some dude on the internet", that might be funny. However, it's @tmyers , who shows up to stuff. When you gonna show up and party hearty like Tim does, Nate. ;)

They are a neat couple, dang it, as are Tim and Jeanette! Booyah.

Get your buns down to Gaston's this year, and maybe you can be neat too.

Last edited:
If it were "some dude on the internet", that might be funny. However, it's @tmyers , who shows up to stuff. When you gonna show up and party hearty like Tim does, Nate. ;)

They are a neat couple, dang it, as are Tim and Jeanette! Booyah.

Get your buns down to Gaston's this year, and maybe you can be neat too.

I hear Tim’s a wild man. :)

I wasn’t picking on his apt analysis. I was laughing about how after you’ve been married a while, any label anyone provides is usually more interesting than “married couple”. LOL

And yeah, I’m trying to make Gaston’s. Real life is being a PITA and it looks like OSH is already out this year, so... Gaston’s or Bust.

Maybe I’ll bring the guitar and we can raise some hell together. But I don’t know any Celine Dion songs. :)

I hear Tim’s a wild man. :)

I wasn’t picking on his apt analysis. I was laughing about how after you’ve been married a while, any label anyone provides is usually more interesting than “married couple”. LOL

And yeah, I’m trying to make Gaston’s. Real life is being a PITA and it looks like OSH is already out this year, so... Gaston’s or Bust.

Maybe I’ll bring the guitar and we can raise some hell together. But I don’t know any Celine Dion songs. :)

Eh, I figured you didn't mean any harm there.

Rock n Roll! As everybody found out at Kentucky, I don't really know any Celine either, lol. In fact, I don't know much of anything without my phone on my knee with chords pulled up, which the Kentucky crew also found out. There was often a pause in the music, accompanied by me telling the wife (or @Radar Contact at one point) to scroll, lol!

Hope you or y'all can make it down. We could use another ol' Skylane on Cessna row.

These videos really bring me back to my country boy roots. Reminds me of the days growing up in the backwoods of Scottsdale, Arizona.

Cool videos :)

Back