Kent, can you say **OUCH**??

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://www.nbc5i.com/traffic/15429046/detail.html

Bad semi wreck here in Dallas yesterday. I feel sorry for the truck driver, but even more sorry for the young lady who had the semi drop on her from off the overpass... there's no way to avoid something like that. Here one moment, gone the next. That sucks. Hug your family every time you leave...

Troy you are so right we never know how or when it will all end. Sad

She was 14 you can drive in TX at 14?

im pretty sure 14 yr olds can get a learners permit in Iowa, at least that was the case when I was 14, I think.

You can get a hardship license (Minors Restricted DL) at 15 in Texas with a demonstrated need or hardship. But they are getting more and more difficult to get. I had one at 15, which was a little strange...I drove myself to drivers ed class so I could my regular DL at 16 after I had already taken and passed the written and driving test to get the hardship license.

http://www.nbc5i.com/traffic/15429046/detail.html

Bad semi wreck here in Dallas yesterday. I feel sorry for the truck driver, but even more sorry for the young lady who had the semi drop on her from off the overpass... there's no way to avoid something like that. Here one moment, gone the next. That sucks. Hug your family every time you leave...

Yes, I can... Ouch.

Reason #3,296 why I don't drive flatbed, and most of those reasons go "It's a lot easier to get killed when you have to <insert something specific to flatbeds here>." Since I started with this company less than four years ago, we've had two drivers killed on the job, both flatbedders.

OK, now that I see pics - It was a shipping container. I assumed flatbed when I saw the article mention the load shifting. I can't tell what the load was, but it appears to be loose material. Containers are often, maybe even usually, overloaded and those guys have nothing they can do about it. However, the truck driver would still have had to go too fast around the curve to flip like that. Ugh.

You can get a hardship license (Minors Restricted DL) at 15 in Texas with a demonstrated need or hardship. But they are getting more and more difficult to get. I had one at 15, which was a little strange...I drove myself to drivers ed class so I could my regular DL at 16 after I had already taken and passed the written and driving test to get the hardship license.

we could get a school permit at 15. only driving directly from home to school. so if your friends wanted a ride to school they would have to meet you at home, or jump in at a stoplight :)

A beautiful, vibrant young lady gone.....sad. :(

we could get a school permit at 15. only driving directly from home to school. so if your friends wanted a ride to school they would have to meet you at home, or jump in at a stoplight :)

That's basically what the hardship license is here. You can drive to and from work, school, and school functions. Of course I never drove anywhere else on that license. :rolleyes:

It's terrible the way those trucks just fall out of the sky like that.

We ought to write our congresscritters to outlaw flatbeds with containers on them... it's too dangerous.

/sarcasm. I don't really mean to take lightly the tragedy in this case. But if people are worried about < one ton planes falling from the sky, why aren't they up in arms about this?

-Skip

Back