kelvin helmholtz

121Dispatch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FltPlanner
I got to see something for the first time today (outside of a textbook)...I was driving up I-225 and looked over toward the mountains, and was greeted by this formation of clouds:

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me
(this was a pic on the web...do i need to give credit for the pic??? http://www.siskiyous.edu/shasta/env/clouds/). Anyways, they were pretty much textbook. Maybe not that exciting to some, but I'm kind of a weather geek, and the stuff I've seen so far in CO is some of the coolest stuff I've ever seen! Being from the hazy east coast, I used to think the pics in the Jepp books were all made up...now I see that this stuff actually exists.

Attachments

• kelvin-helmholtz.jpg
    kelvin-helmholtz.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 31
I got to see something for the first time today (outside of a textbook)...I was driving up I-225 and looked over toward the mountains, and was greeted by this formation of clouds
I saw the same formation today as I was driving into Denver from Elizabeth. :yes:

Dang it! Of all the times to have the plague and be cooped up inside trying to not die instead of being up on the roof with the camera... :(

Back