Keep getting logged out.

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
I don't know if this is a firefox thing or a PoA thing, but I keep getting randomly logged out of the forums. It doesn't happen on any particular page (can be the recent posts, a random thread, or while typing a post). I used to happen maybe once a day, but it has gotten progressivly more frequent, so much so that I've had to log in four times in the last hour. I'm using Windows XP and FireFox version 1.5.0.12. I have cookies enabled for this site (and have cleared/allowed cookies again and again) but nothing I know to do seems to help. Any suggestions?:dunno:

I'm on XP and Firefox, atho 2.0.0.7 ... I would recommend upgrading Firefox

yea gotta upgrade that firefox. ive been logged in at home for probably the last 6 months

Come on, Mr. ATP2B... complacency is not your buddy. :)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still have a while before I'm going to be looking at the ATP ride, I can fear change for a little while longer, thank you! And I spent four years at college, complacency is my natural state. :goofy:

c'mon - Firefox upgrades are simple and painless ... just do it ...

HA! Updated it to 2.0.0.6 last night and it still keeps logging me out! So now what?? :dunno:

HA! Updated it to 2.0.0.6 last night and it still keeps logging me out! So now what?? :dunno:
Set up a $20 monthly paypal transaction payable to Chuck for the "no logout" option? :D I dunno ....

Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'm willing to try and find out! ;)

Ok, couple thoughts.

1) Have you changed any settings with regards to allowing cookies? If you're blocking cookies (small files from the webserver which store information for you that you don't necessarily know you need (and sometimes DONT need)), the forum software can't tell your browser the info it needs to keep you logged in.
2) Have you completely cleared your cache and temp files? If you have a corrupted cookie, you may need to do clear those as well. Go to the tools menu and click "Clear private data" and in addition to what is already checked, clear the cookies too. Now be aware before you do this, every site you log into automatically now you will need to relog into after doing this. You could also manually look for any POA cookies and delete them, but you should still delete the other historical content to be safe.

Thats it for now - let me know how it goes.

Back