KCMA to KGPI in July

Robh182

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
robh182
I'm am planning a trip from Camarillo KCMA to KGPI in late July, in my C-182.
I am hoping to get some routing advice, options and thoughts, as to how to make the trip as comfortable and efficient as possible. I will have one passenger who is a reluctant flyer.

I'm am planning a trip from Camarillo KCMA to KGPI in late July, in my C-182.
I am hoping to get some routing advice, options and thoughts, as to how to make the trip as comfortable and efficient as possible. I will have one passenger who is a reluctant flyer.
That route in the middle of the summer has about a snowballs chance in hell of being comfortable for a reluctant flyer unless you break it up and only fly early mornings and very late afternoons/evening. Alaska goes there from Santa Barbara via Portland or Seattle. That will be the passengers best chance at comfort.

I did close to the the reverse in the middle of July one year, and had 0 issues except when I got into Death Valley and Lake Havasu. But OR/WA/ID/MT was easy flyin'. I also took 3 days to do it because I wasn't in a hurry.

That route in the middle of the summer has about a snowballs chance in hell of being comfortable for a reluctant flyer unless you break it up and only fly early mornings and very late afternoons/evening.
^^ This ^^
Your only solid chance for smooth air is to land by noon, e.g.:
-- Day 1: KCMA to KBOI, depart 6am, (probably a fuel stop en-route), arrive before noon
-- Day 2 (or if, and only if, you're lucky, evening of Day 1): KBOI, depart 7am, arrive KGPI before noon
(and of course, no convection either morning)

Wayne

Do you have O2? If you can fly at 13.5 or 15.5, it will be smooth.
I would break that up into 2 morning flights with a stopover in Boise. Leave as early as you can on day 1 (4.5 hr flight).

Back