KCHA Chattanooga

teethdoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
teethdoc
Anybody know where on the field Wilson Air is?

Really.....THIS deserves its own thread?? If you Google Wilson Air Chattanooga a picture of where it is in google maps / on the field is the first thing that comes up.

Really.....THIS deserves its own thread?? If you Google Wilson Air Chattanooga a picture of where it is in google maps / on the field is the first thing that comes up.

What fun would that be! :wink2:

Thanks for the help. Google is not always correct. There are several things around our field that don't show up on google where they actually are, but rather where they receive mail.
Notice under Hangar Talk it says open forum for discussion of any topic you like.

Here you go

Tp76ujD.jpg

You guys might also want to try Googling news for Chattanooga before blasting the OP.

Believe it or not, it is actually a legit question right now - Within the last week, The airport authority bought out all of TAC's facilities at CHA and now Wilson is now the only FBO on the field. I believe Wilson is now in control of the former TAC ramps so they have more than one location there.

The primary GA ramp now is the original Wilson facility on the west side. Supposedly the former TAC north ramp which is closer to the terminal is going to shift to 135 ops, but may still be open to transient GA right now. TAC north has always been my preferred location when flying in there.

In light of the very recent changes, I'd recommend calling Wilson and verifying the ramp status.

Yep...all of this...I was in CLT about a week and a half ago and the staff there was discussing the takeover of the TAC facility across the airport in KCHA.

I gleaned that Wilson was quite a ways along in seting up in the other facility.

So...to the OP, I'd call Wilson in Chatanooga and ask them if they are on both sides now...

You guys might also want to try Googling news for Chattanooga before blasting the OP.

Believe it or not, it is actually a legit question right now - Within the last week, The airport authority bought out all of TAC's facilities at CHA and now Wilson is now the only FBO on the field. I believe Wilson is now in control of the former TAC ramps so they have more than one location there.

The primary GA ramp now is the original Wilson facility on the west side. Supposedly the former TAC north ramp which is closer to the terminal is going to shift to 135 ops, but may still be open to transient GA right now. TAC north has always been my preferred location when flying in there.

In light of the very recent changes, I'd recommend calling Wilson and verifying the ramp status.

Agreed. I guess someone here knows better than the folks at Wilson that will answer the phone.

Maybe a contract pilot point of contact would be helpful in the flight planning process.

Teethdoc, when are you coming to CHA and how long will you stay?

Back