KCBE: Curtis' Weiners

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
Finally made it to Cumberland for some hot dogs. Four for me, two for the wife, one for the boy, fries, and a shake, $20.

Necrothread, but I finally made it to Cumberland also, and this thread title was far more catchy than what I would have come up with. It was a cool airport to fly into nestled in a valley.

I took the family out there for some breakfast. You can taxi right up to the restaurant. The food at the Hummingbird Cafe was excellent and it was not at all crowded on a Saturday morning. I got a breakfast bowl with sausage gravy, the kids got pancakes, and my wife got an omelet. We grabbed a couple of pieces of cake to enjoy later. The desserts were amazing.

Is the hotdog place at the airport or downtown?

Maybe the dog place is in town, but there is Hummingbird Cafe at the airport. They had hot dogs too, I think.

I've been to KCBE many time. Are you talking about the cafe that is across the parking lot from the main terminal? I guess that if you turn past the terminal you could get closer to the cafe, but I didn't think you could walk to it. Isn't there fencing there?

E7003E5A-2367-4EF8-AB69-6A10658F7923.jpeg

Yeah you can taxi over there.

My first trip there was in 1999. And I did not know that. Thank you.

I’m going to have to go back and try Curtis’.

Back