KATL FBO Fees

K

KennyFlys

Sitting around here watching airliners and a few biz jets around the cargo and GA terminals, I got curious. There had been questions from time to time about the cost of a small plane flying into Hartsfield. So, I went into Mercury Air Center and asked.

The following numbers are the Aircraft Model, Airport Landing Fee, FBO Ramp Fee and fuel required to purchase in order to waive the ramp fee.

C-172, 6.00, 30.00, 20 Gal.
C-182, 6.00, 40.00, 30 Gal.
C-310, 6.99, 100.00, 50 Gal.

A Mooney would be equivalent to a 182 and a Barron 55 would be equivalent to a 310. These are all I recalled from memory. I didn't want to bug the girl for too much more but it would have been interesting.

She did say the ramp fees may change. Mercury is soon to be bought out by Atlantic Aviation.

So, last year when I did the ILS into Hartsfield, had I taxied into the FBO for nothing more than getting a Coke before continuing home, I'd have paid a minimum of $26 or $6 plus 20 gal times the current fuel rate. Today, 100LL is $5.62/gal. Touch and go is free!

She did say the ramp fees may change. Mercury is soon to be bought out by Atlantic Aviation.

Guarantee they'll go up. Atlantic is the company that was charging $7.42/gal for 100LL at TEB before they closed up shop there (good riddance).

Go to Fulton Co, Brown KFTY. No fees.
Yep but this had to do with some pilots thinking of flying into Hartsfield and picking up a commercial passenger rather than driving in.

If it were rush hour and time was critical, it probably would be cost-effective if you were going any distance outside of Atlanta.

Yep but this had to do with some pilots thinking of flying into Hartsfield and picking up a commercial passenger rather than driving in.

If it were rush hour and time was critical, it probably would be cost-effective if you were going any distance outside of Atlanta.
As Gilbert & Sullivan said, "If you've got the money I've got the time!" It's time or money. You can't have both.

Up here, If I have to extract someone from ORD, I fly into ORD. That's about time; the money- well we don't ask about that. You takes your choices and pays your $$s. Panuelle ServiceAir at ATL is pricey, too, but they will go pickup your party at the gate, on a phone call and that person will be waiting for you.

Last edited:
Go to Fulton Co, Brown KFTY. No fees.
Hill Aircraft hit me with a $25 ramp fee just three weeks ago. Our EAA chapter had been flying Young Eagles there that morning and another pilot and I decided to fly down the Aircraft Spruce afterwards. So when I came back to FTY to drop him off they held me up for the ramp fee. It won't happen again.

Hill Aircraft hit me with a $25 ramp fee just three weeks ago. Our EAA chapter had been flying Young Eagles there that morning and another pilot and I decided to fly down the Aircraft Spruce afterward. So when I came back to FTY to drop him off they held me up for the ramp fee. It won't happen again.
Richard, I'm betting if you sent a friendly letter to the Hill's discussing the YE flights, you may well get that back. That's pretty surprising.

Richard, I'm betting if you sent a friendly letter to the Hill's discussing the YE flights, you may well get that back. That's pretty surprising.
Possibly. But I doubt I will. It costs me between $70 - $80 per hour to fly my own airplane. So a three hour YE event costs me roughly $225. I feel that is money well spent and I enjoy it. If I can light the fire in one young person to seek a future in aviation then it was all worth it. And for the others that won't then I've given them an experience that they may not have ever have had the chance to experience otherwise. The ramp fee was just a sharp stick in the eye. It won't happen again.

Possibly. But I doubt I will. It costs me between $70 - $80 per hour to fly my own airplane. So a three hour YE event costs me roughly $225. I feel that is money well spent and I enjoy it. If I can light the fire in one young person to seek a future in aviation then it was all worth it. And for the others that won't then I've given them an experience that they may not have ever have had the chance to experience otherwise. The ramp fee was just a sharp stick in the eye. It won't happen again.
I'm betting an email to Guy Hill would change that. He may not even be aware of your YE ops there.

My son went to SKY for the day. Parking for the day (11 AM-8 PM)was $35.00.
I thought that was a little steep.

MARTA

I've ridden MARTA trains when that was my ONLY option. Next time, I'll take out a short-term life insurance policy. It's not being on the train itself, it's being on the platforms when no one is around... or, you believe there is no one.

Fees suck.

I've ridden the MARTA from ATL to PDK a few times and never had a problem. Probably wouldn't do it at night.

John

Back