Katamarino's Alaska flight

Wow, all of that and it puts my simple trip along the Al-Can Hwy to Alaska to shame.
I’ve looked to fly up to Yellow Knife, but not so remote locations as you have done.

I'm curious... what fraction of the flying on this trip was IMC?
From the pictures, it looks like very little, but of course no one takes pictures of IMC. :)
Kind of along those lines, though the pics were great, much of the WX looked downright dreary. Was the WX you experienced typical for Alaska and that part of Canada or does it simply require a next level attention to WX to go places in VMC?

Kind of along those lines, though the pics were great, much of the WX looked downright dreary. Was the WX you experienced typical for Alaska and that part of Canada or does it simply require a next level attention to WX to go places in VMC?

This was my first time out there, so I can't speak with much authority, but from talking to others along the way it seemed that this weather was pretty typical for the time of year, abeit a little colder than usual.

Warmer then normal this fall and way wetter than normal. According to the predictors the winter is supposed to be warmer then normal, yuck Snow machining weather. Should help the heating bill though. South west AK.

Back