Kansas Cosmosphere (Hutchinson)

Everskyward

Experimenter
Display Name

Display name:
Everskyward
Someone (Tristan?) recently asked in flashchat about things to do in Hutchinson. I visited this museum today and thought it was pretty interesting. They have a German WWII rocket exhibit, stuff from the Cold War and early space artifacts from the US and USSR. The Liberty Bell 7 is on display. It sank in 1961 because it was filling with water and the helicopter could not lift it, but was retrieved from the ocean floor in 1999. They also have the Apollo 13 "Houston we have a problem" capsule. All in all I thought it was an interesting and worthwhile afternoon visit.

It's real exciting here in HUT we even have the new salt mine museum (650 ft underground) and the Kansas State fair. I wonder if they could roll that worlds largest ball of twine down to us.

Kevin

Did you happen to stop by the restaurant on the field? The locals brag about good steaks that I'm curious about.

It's real exciting here in HUT we even have the new salt mine museum (650 ft underground) and the Kansas State fair. I wonder if they could roll that worlds largest ball of twine down to us.
What's the deal with the "Salt Festival" which takes place the second weekend in June? Inquiring minds want to know.

Did you happen to stop by the restaurant on the field? The locals brag about good steaks that I'm curious about.
We flew our rental car from Wichita so we didn't go to the airport...

I don't know what the Salt Festival is about except for it happens down town. When you get stuck at the airport 7 days a week you miss out on a lot. Over the years I haven't missed out much on the Airport Restaurant enough. It's too good.

Kevin

Back