Kansas City?

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Im looking at heading to KC Tuesday to drop a guy off so he can pick up an airline flight. Be there around 1030, have a pretty free schedule on return. Anyone from the area want to meet for lunch? Ill be flying into International.

Im looking at heading to KC Tuesday to drop a guy off so he can pick up an airline flight. Be there around 1030, have a pretty free schedule on return. Anyone from the area want to meet for lunch? Ill be flying into International.

Sure, if I can ride along and fly back lunch is on me.

MM

heh keep the day open. i will ask how cool he is with you bumming along.

hmm, Tuesday?

I'll have to give it some thought, my schedule's usually pretty tight. I'll try to PM you sometime today/tonight.

Tony (and Matt),

I've got an Angel Flight up to KC Downtown Tuesday. Should be there about 11:30.

ok chip, we'll have to try something. ill be at international. too close to not eat though!

On my way to Narita on Tuesday. I will be in Chicago at that time. :(

What a great airport story (Narita, NRT). Short runway (16L)... neighboring farmer builds a tall tower to protest and harass the airport up against his property. If you look at the attached photos, the tall tower is the one that the farmer built. The small tower is the one the airport build and keeps staffed with armed guards to keep an eye on the farmer. (At least that's what my 777 pilot friend says) :)

Have a great trip, Greg.

Attachments

• 777 NRT 07-05 028.jpg
    777 NRT 07-05 028.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 777 NRT 07-05 035.jpg
    777 NRT 07-05 035.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 29
What a great airport story (Narita, NRT). Short runway (16L)... neighboring farmer builds a tall tower to protest and harass the airport up against his property. If you look at the attached photos, the tall tower is the one that the farmer built. The small tower is the one the airport build and keeps staffed with armed guards to keep an eye on the farmer. (At least that's what my 777 pilot friend says) :)

Have a great trip, Greg.

There is a farm house near 16R that has a protest sign on it too.

Greg do you fly Narita a lot? I may be sitting behind you then as we switched to UAL as our preferred carrier this year. Although for some reason, I also have a lot of EuroTrips this year.

Last edited:
Well, looks like things will be all bunged up at work for me next week. International is about a 40min drive, downtown's closer, but still probably too much of a round-trip. I'll find out more on Monday & check back.

Looks like everything is in order. I suspect Ill have to IFR back, DSM is forecasting 1500 overcast after 10 AM. No icing potential forecast though so I should be good to go :crossfingers:

N8779C

Flight was good, easy trip down with TAS of 160 knots and GS of 175 was a welcome sight. Getting into the bravo was easy. MCI was down to one runway so they definitely put the "squeeze" on Chip and I, squeezing us in between jets. I followed an MD80 with a CRJ behind me. Made the first turnoff for the FBO though so that was nice. Chip joined me and a friend about noon for a good lunch and a welcome visit. Trip back was fun. I had basically gotten out ahead of lowering ceilings in the morning, and looking at the TAFs and Area Forecasts, new that filing IFR was in the cards. Looking at the Forecast Icing Potential in the morning, I was pleasantly surprised that it said nothing about ice below 7000 feet. A good briefing in MCI revealed that ceilings were generally good until Iowa, where I would see layered clouds and some snow. No Airmets or PIREPs for ice, so off I went. Every controller I checked in with was queried about icing PIREPs and all replied negative. I picked up none, and actually spent little time in the clouds, mostly it was just reduced vis. ILS into Ames was easy, breaking out very high. So all in all, a good trip!

Attachments

• DSC00956.JPG
    DSC00956.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00959.JPG
    DSC00959.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00961.JPG
    DSC00961.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 9
I had better weather on the way home than Tony did and had Rogers in sight about 35 out. The direct route from MCI to ROG goes over the top of Twin Oaks. I called on the way up and again on the way home, but the Hammer wasn't on the radio. Thanks for taking the time to have lunch Tony. I enjoyed it.

What!? No ice. High-breakout on ILS? That's no fun! ;)

Looks like skies are clearing off tonight. Just in time for it to get da** cold!

What!? No ice. High-breakout on ILS? That's no fun! ;)

Looks like skies are clearing off tonight. Just in time for it to get da** cold!

Im seriously questioning your definition of fun.

I doubt its too late to call OKC and recall that instrument rating recommendations ;)

Im seriously questioning your definition of fun.

I doubt its too late to call OKC and recall that instrument rating recommendations ;)

You know... The definition of "fun" definitely changes from the time you're sitting on the ground wishing you were up there to when you're actually up there wishing you were back down here.

yea, or when you land, cant turn off the key cause you are shaking, knees are knocking from burnt out nerves, someone asks how the flight was, and you say "fun"

yea, or when you land, cant turn off the key cause you are shaking, knees are knocking from burnt out nerves, someone asks how the flight was, and you say "fun"

Uhhhh.... I have absolutely NO idea of what you're talking about. ;)

The direct route from MCI to ROG goes over the top of Twin Oaks. I called on the way up and again on the way home, but the Hammer wasn't on the radio.
I heard a plane go over this afternoon and looked up. If I would have known that was you, I would have waved my snow shovel. :D That was while I was out "hammering" on the ice and snow in front of my hangar. I don't think I will ever be able to get my airplane out again! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The Hammer

Back