Kansas City Downtown pirep?

jason

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Jason W (FlyNE)
Has anybody flown into Kansas City Downtown?

Where's the best place to park if you're not buying gas? Are there any ramp fees or landing fees?

KC Downtown is busier than International. lots of GA traffic, but a good tower. They were under extensive construction a while back, not sure whats going on down there now. when I went we went to Executive Beech for a drop off, i dont think there was a ramp fee.

I used to love going down there to watch the DC-7s and Connies. Left for Navy boot camp from there on a TWA Connie. 'Course that was in the 1950s and I was usually riding a bicycle to get there so it doesn't help you with a current PIREP. Be sure and check out the Save-A-Connie foundation's museum.

It has been a little over a year since I was there. When I went in there was a lot of construction like what Tony mentioned and you needed to be pre-approved to land. That was easy and just took a phone call. There was only one FBO and it was $10/day for a tie down.

I was there in June. We phoned ahead from Dodge City to let them know we were coming. I seem to recall that the first night tiedown fee was waived with fuel purchase. $10/Night sounds about right. Give them a ring and ask.

My luck...

Their Airshow is today. The airport is NOTAM'd closed all day.:mad:

Well if you guys ever do go to MKC...Ask for Dusty Gooding he is one of the line supers. Good close friend and great pilot.

Back