KADS parking

Eric Fetty

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fetty
Have to fly up to KADS for a couple hours thursday and don't want to be hit with crazy fees from the 2 FBOs there. I've read both are pretty expensive. Any good places to park for a couple of hours? Somebody suggested over by the museum off Taxiway U.

If you know someone there, you might be able to do that; else, it'll have to be one of the FBOs.

Call first - they are not always jerks. Look at this: https://rampfee.me/search/kads

As you can see, the amount quoted can vary, and if you call and get a commitment for a fair deal, they'll honor it.

You could even call Monarch Air, teh flight school and mechanic shop down Uniform, next door to the Cavanaugh museum - their ramp is usually pretty empty, and they might agree to let you park there. Can't hurt to call...

I can report that th service provided by Millionaire is phenomenal. Worth the few bucks ramp fee or fuel purchase.

I agree with AghieMike.

I’ve flown my Grumman Tiger into ADS a few times and get the same phenomenal service as I do when flying the company Lear. Well worth the few bucks they charge.

Millionair is the best FBO on the field!

I suggest avoiding that airport.

They all charge for the shortest of stops. And then getting in and out is further delayed by the lines to runway.

Better to land at KTKI and let uber have the money.

I suggest avoiding that airport.

They all charge for the shortest of stops. And then getting in and out is further delayed by the lines to runway.

Better to land at KTKI and let uber have the money.

I have been based at Million Air ADS for 11 years and are very happy. Friday afternoons can get busy but we hardly ever depart then. It is rare for us to get more than a 5 minute delay. I will admit last Thursday it was a 20 minute delay, airport was busy and a Flexjet airplane hit 2 birds landing. We were #3 and had to wait for them to get the dead birds off the runway.

Have to fly up to KADS for a couple hours thursday and don't want to be hit with crazy fees from the 2 FBOs there. I've read both are pretty expensive. Any good places to park for a couple of hours? Somebody suggested over by the museum off Taxiway U.

Over by the museum? How do you propose to get through the airport fence? The FBOs are the general aviation terminals at KADS. Call them.

I have been based at Million Air ADS for 11 years and are very happy.

Based there means you're all in. The transient fees are still crazy.

The cost of the two hangars the club has at Meacham is a bit high, and the service is great. But I would not suggest them to a transient either.

Back