KaBOOM Air Show Addison July 3rd

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
FOR THOSE OF YOU IN DALLAS ON THURSDAY JULY 3rd

I'll be there at a hangar party. Anybody else going.

Addison airport will close normal flight operations at 7:00 pm and the air show will start around 7:15 with Dana’s parachute drop. Dana is a double amputee and a former Golden Knight. Dana parachutes in with a 1000 sq ft. American flag and the Purple Heart flag.

Cavanaugh Flight Museum will be flying their war birds and we will have several formation flights during the evening. Jan Collmer will fly his new Extra and Gene Soucy will perform three of his acts: Wing walking with Theresa Stokes, the Gene Soucy Solo Show and the night show with fireworks mounted on the wingtips of the ShowCat. The air show will conclude at 9:15 pm and the Kaboom Town fireworks will start at 9:25 pm.

The air show will be simulcast on KRLD 1080 AM. The fireworks will be simulcast on MIX 102.9 FM.

Troy, I always have a large group over at my hanger. If you're in the neighborhood, come say hi.

Best,

Dave

Troy, I always have a large group over at my hanger. If you're in the neighborhood, come say hi.

Best,

Dave

That's the one I'll be at, down on the end of the row... I'll walk past your hangar on the way there, and will certainly stop by. You can walk back with me and have a burger if you like...

...and the airport's NOTAMed closed from 1159Z (6:59 PM) 'til morning. Tommy gets back from camp at/about 6:00 PM, then we beat-feet to the airport to take off for T82.

Why don't I like that schedule? Too many ways it can go wrong.

Maybe I shuttle the plane to DAL in the afternoon? What. A. Pain.

Sorry that I will miss this. Addison has become one of my new hang-out places although it's usually only a day trip. They already recognize us as fixtures at MillionAir.

Back