JVL lunch today 5/18/10 ?

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Looks like a nice day today. Anyone up for lunch at JVL? I'll be in Cherokee 77X.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

I'm on the wrong side of the lake.

Kealy's Cafe food was tasty! It sure was quiet, though. It was a little bumpy on the ride up there. I got there a little late for lunch, but I was the only plane on the ramp. Two older ladies were dining in the restaurant, and that was all.

The wind was 10 gusting to 20 when I landed at JVL. When I left Aurora, it was 020 degrees at 20 gusting the 34 knots. I guess that would explain the empty sky.

I am slowly getting closer to 1000 hours.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

What's the airport restaurant there these days? Back when I was at Madison, it was Margie's and the food was pretty darn good.

There was also a Sunday lunch buffet in a place across the street from the Reedsburg airport that was decent, too. Excellent...um, pancakes.

What's the airport restaurant there these days? Back when I was at Madison, it was Margie's and the food was pretty darn good.

Kealy's Cafe at JVL now. That changed 3 or 4 years ago I think, and I think that the previous iteration wasn't Margie's either though I can't remember.

There was also a Sunday lunch buffet in a place across the street from the Reedsburg airport that was decent, too. Excellent...um, pancakes.

There is some sort of supper club thing across from Reedsburg now - Never been there. But there's a Pizza Hut (yuck) right down the street too.

Best $100 burger in the midwest these days: Final Approach at Sheboygan.

Best $100 burger in the midwest these days: Final Approach at Sheboygan.
Rick's Café & Boatyard at KEYE is up there with Final Approach, though. But then you did specify burger. Is a fish sandwich a burger? Of course, I'd never order a burger at Final Approach because there are so many other good things on the menu.

If you get to 3ck let me know and I'll take you to the Tracks. It is the best burger I have ever had. They even serve it with homemade potato chips.

Deal! But it still requires ground transport so I'd have to say it's disqualified from $100 burger status. ;)

Bill's Grill doesn't require ground transportation.

Back