just woke up in what appears to be a body bag.

NJP_MAN

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
It also appears that I'm in the back of an aircraft. I don't know what kind of plane it is, I can only read something about a ballistic parachute. My kidnapper is drinking iced coffee and talking to himself like a crazed lunatic. Am I going to make it ?

You still might be OK... as long as your kidnapper isn't wearing socks with sandals.

Off topic: Are you logging PIC?

Depends. If the aircraft has had it's intergranular corrosion removed you might be OK.

Mark

You're not going to belive what I just located in the back pocket of the pilots seat. I found a metal landing calculator and I might just use it to subdue my captor. I'm going to pull the chute and log pic all the way to the ground. Will i need a high performance to do so if he agrees to ACT as PIC though ?

Wait....pull the chute?...Are you aver water or in an uncontrolled spin?...and if you are over water are you more than 25' MSL off the coast of Florida?...too may variables to pull the chute!

Pray you are on the shortest XC, not his longest.

God Speed.

Wait, I know...just toss his Ipad out the window.

Try negotiating with the wife if she is in the right seat...she seems sane.

...unless its his girlfriend is in the right seat, then you are SCREWED.

Last edited:
It also appears that I'm in the back of an aircraft. I don't know what kind of plane it is, I can only read something about a ballistic parachute. My kidnapper is drinking iced coffee and talking to himself like a crazed lunatic. Am I going to make it ?

A lady just woke up in the morgue, screaming, Scat happens, I'd be screaming too, like a hungry baby.

...but I'm still not clear...at what point can you declare an emergency?

Is the plane airworthy? That's all you should concern yourself with. Everything else is someone expressing themselves and you have no right to curtail their creativity. Do you have a charger for your phone? It might be a while.

You where obviously mistaken for someone who shoots down drones.

You probably want to solicit an opinion from the Administrator.

Do you have a toe tag? If not then the bagging wasn't completed properly and you aren't airworthy.

Check your wallet. If the pilot took your money, he needs a commercial certificate to perform the flight. If money was taken (provided it exceeds a pro rata share), contact the FSDO immediately and report the offending pilot!!

You should have declared an emergency while in the body bag BEFORE you got put in the aircraft. Saves time.

Off Topic: if you pull the chute. You might be able to log Safety Pilot.

If you filed a flight plan, your good to go. If not, your screwed!

Christ, this again? Already been covered in another thread. Seem to remember something about a FAA special issuance and something else about small farm animals.

Christ, this again? Already been covered in another thread. Seem to remember something about a FAA special issuance and something else about small farm animals.

With Ron having departed, we are in a bit of a grey area on this now.

Is there any way I can feasibly log this flight as dual given?

Is there any way I can feasibly log this flight as dual given?

I think you have to ground yourself if you're dead. There's a regional chief counsel opinion printed on a bar napkin that supports my position so don't even think about arguing with me on this one.

Of course a former FAA employee flying for a foreign airline has said that you don't have to follow my interpretation of the regional chief counsel letter because that's not the way it's really done so you can always believe him if you want to.

Will the plane take off from a treadmill with a body bag inside?

I made cole-slaw today, and people ate it. (With informed consent and all that jazz.)

I made cole-slaw today, and people ate it. (With informed consent and all that jazz.)

Let's see, zipped up in a body bag for and extended period after consuming cabbage in any form. Can you say Hindenburg?

Let's see, zipped up in a body bag for and extended period after consuming cabbage in any form. Can you say Hindenburg?

If we store cole slaw in a body bag long enough will it be kim-chi?

Back