Just started -- 2.1 hours in

astro13rm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
Just wanted to drop in and say hello -- I've been reading the forums for a few months now. The information on here is fantastic!

Was finally able to overcome the bad weather and get in the air for my first two lessons this weekend. Looking forward to the adventure!

Rob

Welcome,and congrats on starting your training. Enjoy

hang in there - getting your PPL will take some hard work and time...but it's all worth it in the end! It wasn't that long ago (barely a year) that I was posting the same thing!! Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome! I am in NW Louisiana, flying out of KDTN. I am in the military and move around quite a bit...I have been here less than a year -- still adjusting from Colorado!

The goal is for another couple of hours Sunday if weather cooperates.

While I don't have a hard timetable set, I would like to finish by late summer or early fall. We will see if weather, work schedule, and life allow that to happen.

My wife wants hers as well eventually with a goal of using the certs for travel. Personally, I'd like to leave this assignment IFR rated to really be able to use GA for personal travel. 5-10yr plan is to purchase an aircraft. Again, we will see what life deals us! :)

Quite a journey and then once u can fly on your own u won't fly anymore lol..

Why do you say keep saying this? I don't know about you, but I have been flying a lot more now that I have my PPL than before I had it. My limitation has been weather and time commitments, but you make it seem like once you get a certificate you will no longer want to fly. Get out there and check out more areas than just your local area. so much to learn, so much to see. :)

astro13rm, if you find a love for this stuff, you will be addicted and may find yourself flying too often like me. good luck and stick with it even when times get frustrating. many good guys on here to help you progress.

Welcome and Good luck with your training.

Welcome. I've 2 cross country (XC) flights and doing my second night flight tomorrow. My other half goes w me on the xc and night flight, but not pattern work or maneuvers. Wish he would though.

Question: if both of you want to get a PPL, why not train together? You can save money on ground school hours and get experience sitting back seat as well. Can hear what the instructor is saying to each PIC and take turns being PIC. Just curious.

Mitch,

A lot comes down to how busy my wife is right now. It would also add cost right now since we would be doubling the amount of flying hours basically. Double the amount right now would be a little tough to pull off. She may wait until after she is out of the military post-retirement.

Ground school I am using the Sporty's app on ios so ground school pricing is very low.

Back