Just some questions

I went to my checkride with 40.2 in my logbook, does that count? :D
Okay, okay, I'll shut up now. :(

Lou! You beat me my .4 hours!

BTW, to the OP, that is another way to save money (at least it was for me). I took two weeks off work, and flew 3 times a day: 7am, noon, 5 pm, for 2 hours each time. I studied on the ground in between lessons. I got my license in 2 weeks and 40.6 hours (vs. national average of almost double). If I had flown just on weekends, I would have forgotten some of what I was learning by the following weekend, requiring me to "re-train" each week.

FWIW, The O.P. hasn't logged on since the original post - we are likely just talking amongst ourselves.

Ha, well maybe some other fng will see this and not post the same question. Or, more likely he will post it anyway and we can do this again. :yes:

It looks like he checked back about 3.5 hours after posting, and then gave up.

Yeah, I see his post was totally ignored for almost 24 hours. That's surprising. Guess it's a bit TLDR.

I can't imagine his thread title did much to generate interest.

It eventually worked, but people get impatient if they don't get replies within a few hours, :rolleyes:

Everyone is different.

I had a ton of MS flight simulator time and always wanted to fly for real. Started lessons and soloed in about 7 hours and took my check ride with 41 hours after about 8 months. (I missed almost all of December due to weather) I maintained control of my training and didn't let my instructor lose his focus. All in was just around $6,500 in an old beat up 172. Cheapest one I could find. A real POS, but it had wings and a good engine. Then join a club with a decent plane.

Try to fly at least twice a week and power through a couple of rough stages. Schedule the check ride 3 weeks out when you are knocking out the last part of your training and stick to that schedule. You may spend a lot more in the last 3 weeks because you fly more than the previous months, but you get it done. Too many people started the same time as me and finished slow because they were afraid. It wasn't that they weren't ready.

Back