Just Renewed My Teaching Gig

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Well, I have but two classes left in my first foray into teaching as an AGI. The "Cliff's Notes version" for those who don't know or who have forgotten is that I was hired as an AGI by a local flight school that contracts to teach aviation classes for a local community college. I've been teaching Aviation Safety for 3 hrs each Wednesday night all semester. I think it's gone very well, and the students seem to have learned quite a bit. They are turning in their term papers tomorrow night and presenting them to the class next Wednesday, which they're doing in lieu of a final exam. I've been told that I was the hardest instructor that some of them have had in this program, which I kind of take as a compliment.

Anyway, I got called today to see if I wanted to teach next semester. They are not offering an aviation safety class next semester (too bad, since I have all of the powerpoints made for that already), so instead I'll be teaching air navigation. Should be a good class and fun to teach!

great PJ. good to teach different subjects, expand your knowledge.

Good job, and congratulations! You must be a good teacher.

Back